Kent Fire and Rescue Service have an opportunity for an Inclusion Officer to join the team in Kent. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a highly competitive salary of £34,389 to £39,533 per annum.
As our Inclusion Officer you will be responsible for recognising, creating and implementing plans to promote inclusion within the Service and ensure compliance with the Public Sector Equality Duty. A significant part of the role will be to support the development of a recruitment strategy which will encourage applicants to see Kent Fire and Rescue Service as a future employer.
Key responsibilities as our Inclusion Officer:
- Supporting the development of a strategy which will support the Service to create a brand that appeals to diverse applicants including work experience schemes and apprenticeships
- Researching and advising on inclusion issues to support the creating of awareness programmes and training
- Identifying external trends and recognising best practice which will increase inclusion within the Service
- Reviewing the Service’s workplace, policies and procedures, ensuring these are legally robust and inclusive
- Develop relationships with external partners, agencies and organisations with the aim of working together and improving the organisation’s understanding of inclusion
- Supporting the development of internal groups to create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels comfortable to bring themselves to work
- Supporting development for all staff to foster good inclusive working relationships and remove bias
What we’re looking for in our Inclusion Officer:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities, legislation and best practice regarding equality, diversity and inclusion issues
- Good understanding of current social and cultural issues/sensitivities
- Good understanding of HR legislation which includes a good knowledge of GDPR
- CIPD qualified (level 5 and above) or equivalent
- Evidence of significant learning and development around Equality, Diversity and Inclusion issues and their application in organisations
- Experience in designing and leading inclusion initiatives
- Experience in creating and delivering training/ awareness programmes on diversity and inclusion
- Experience of building relationships with external parties/stakeholders regarding inclusion issues
- Wide experience of developing and advising on Equality Impact Assessment
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Inclusion Officer please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
The closing date for applications is 23:59 hours on 18 November 2018.