Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent we make the right choices
Involved our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative we always ask whats next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve peoples lives.
Were as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers the service providers we define peoples needs today and in the future and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
Were proud of the role we play, improving peoples lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, were going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
The Incident Analyst is responsible for providing Incident & Major Incident support, analytics and reporting following the Incident Management process.
The role includes the management and ownership of P1 & P2 Major Incidents for a number of Health and Police customers and NPS internal services as well as monitoring, reviewing and spot checking of incidents providing feedback and guidance to allteams highlighting case stagnation and inefficiencies with the incident case flow.
The successful candidate will be required to work a shift pattern between 07:00-19:00 Monday - Friday. The Major Incident Team are required to cover Major Incidents outside of normal business hours on a rota basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing and owning Major Incidents as and when they are reported following the Major Incident process.
- Communicating Major Incident information to all internal and external stakeholders via email & SMS throughout the Major Incident lifecycle.
- Organising and running of conference calls and technical bridges with multiple parties during Major Incident activities.
- Completion of the Major Incident Dashboard tracker throughout the Major Incident lifecycle to allow stakeholders visibility of live Major Incidents as well as accurate data to perform trend analysis upon.
- Organising and running of Post Incident Review calls post-Major Incident resolution.
- Completion and distribution of Major Incident Reports within expected SLA deadlines.
- Completion of any training assigned to you by the set deadline (providing and receiving).
- Escalation of any personnel or procedural issues to the appropriate sponsor in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Detailed handover of live Major Incidents to the next responsible Incident Analyst at shift end.
- Support the analysis of incident case flows volumes working with all teams to increase case handling efficiencies
- Champion the adherence to the Major Incident process during live Major Incidents.
- Contributing to and supporting the service improvement programme.
The Incident Analyst will also be responsible for the following against an assigned account:
- Ensuring the account Incident and Major Incident process and appendix documents are regularly reviewed in accordance with internal NPS Policies.
- Ensuring any ad-hoc updates to process documents and appendix documents including scopes, distribution lists and escalation matrices are completed and maintained.
- Completion and distribution of monthly account level Major Incident reporting within deadline expectations.
- Attendance of any problem conference calls where required.
- Attendance any TCAB & CAB calls when requested.
- Build and maintain an effective communication rapport with the Customer Service Manager of your account.
- Be the first point of contact for questions regarding your account
- Attend the Major Incident weekly team call providing provide weekly updates and stats for your account and own activity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent spelling and grammatical skills
- Ability to influence, shape and manage processes
- Flexibility in approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to make decisions and take ownership
- Knowledge of ITIL functions
- Experience using incident logging tools
- Experience in Incident Management.
- Security clearance MODSC / NPPV
- Previous experience working within an Incident Management/Major Incident Management Team
- Previous working experience within in first/secondline support
- ITIL Foundation Accreditation
- Experience in other Service Management processes
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel / Gsheets
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following benefits:
Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell 5 days during enrollment period
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks to include a DBS check as standard.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.