We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and self-sufficient Commercial Property Solicitor to join our In-House team and support our growing business for a 3 month fixed term contract to act as maternity cover. This role can be based remotely or can be based at our Head Office in Hammersmith, for a minimum of 25 hours per week.
The role reports directly to the Deputy General Counsel & Director of Legal and the person will take sole responsibility for the day to day running of the legal aspects of the Group’s property portfolio of circa 450+ sites, in addition to providing general in-house support and advice where required.
- Management of property acquisitions and disposals from initial instruction to post-completion, ensuring that the correct planning use has been granted, construction requirements fulfilled and that any restrictions on use are identified and managed. Preparation of a summary report to be approved at Director or wider Board level;
- Drafting and negotiating leases and licences (and supporting contractual documents), for new premises and renewals, for a range of premises, including offices, schools, and residential property;
- Conduct property due diligence for corporate acquisitions and supervision of external counsel where appropriate;
- Supervising external counsel on other larger projects, and where jurisdictional expertise is required;
- Regular liaison with the Estates team to co-ordinate acquisitions and disposals, serve notices and diarise key dates;
- Resolution of title queries and other property disputes and providing general ad hoc support to the Estates function;
- Providing advice on Planning and Construction matters from time to time;
- Reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts
- Providing support to other business support functions;
- Qualified solicitor with 5+ years PQE or equivalent experience
- Strong customer focused attitude and a “can-do” attitude
- Organised and diligent in their approach to dealing with a varied commercial property caseload
- Ability to work independently but a strong team player
- Has the ability to influence and advise at all levels including with senior business colleagues
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent drafting skills so as to make complex matters clear and simple for all stakeholders
What we would like to give you:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Online benefits and cash back rewards
- Cycle to work scheme (qualifying period)
- Technology Scheme (qualifying period)
- Employee Referral Scheme
- SMART Pension
- Access to Career Pathways scheme
Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the attached job description prior to making an application.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we find a suitable candidate.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS.