This hidden gem is expiring soon - don't miss this opportunity.
Established in 2003 with the aim to challenge the big 6 and give a fairer deal, Utilita are a growing energy supplier for Gas and Electric to both consumers and businesses across the UK, predominantly to the prepaid market. With over 1600 employees in over 10 locations with an aspiration to develop a retail presence on the high streets.
As the first Energy company to install a Smart meter we were pleased in 2018 to win Best Smart Meter Experience and Best App in the uSwitch Awards and also be nominated as 'one to watch' within the Times 100 best companies to work for.
What You'll Be Doing
We are looking for an experienced In-House Legal Advisor to be the central point of contact within Utilita for all legal enquiries, supporting on a wide range of corporate, commercial and regulatory legal matters.
The successful application needs to be an excellent communicator with the ability to build strong and trusted advisory relationships with internal stakeholders and external parties.
- Advising on legal & regulatory frameworks
- Supporting contractual negotiations
- Drafting & review of contracts
- Managing customer-facing terms & conditions
- Managing litigation cases
- Advising on claims & disputes
- Advising on compliance and reputation issues
- Assessing legal risk
- Owning external legal support relationships
What can we offer?
Exciting career progression within an established & growing organisation, which offers incentives around free football tickets with partnered clubs, concerts and ticket giveaways, a company pension scheme and staff energy tariff. As part of our package and work life balance we also offer the opportunity for private healthcare including discounted gym memberships.
What We're Looking For
- Qualified English Law Solicitor with an in-date UK practising certificate
- Previously experienced in in-house legal counsel
- 2/3 years PQE experience
- Knowledge of commercial contracts, tenders and procurement
- Management and resolution of contractual disputes
- Instructing and managing external legal advisers
- Maximise opportunities for providing value enhancing legal support to the business.
- Pragmatic, commercially focused, innovative and aware solutions provider.
- Strong skills in Plain English/securing Crystal Mark
- Assessing and balancing legal risk and delivery drivers to provide robust advice to the senior management team