Who is Pollen?
Pollen, formerly known as Verve, is an invite-only marketplace that lets people bring their friends to exclusive events and share rewards. We are scaling our influential membership base and plan to expand more deeply into music, sports and travel, with plans to move into other experiences and products in the future.
Managing risk is what Pollen's legal team is all about - we like to maintain a positive reputation, remain legally compliant and ensure we're enabling Pollen to reach its goals.
Pollen's legal team (which is currently three individuals - GC and paralegal in London and Head of Legal, North America in Vegas) provides commercial and timely legal support to a rapidly growing, international, VC-backed scale-up. The Pollen environment is fast-paced, highly engaging and expanding.
Pollen Legal is seeking a junior in-house counsel with strong corporate experience to join our London office.
In the next six months you will focus on:
- Learning as much as you can about our business, asking lots of questions, and tackling lots of new questions/issues with a degree of confidence and pragmatism. Being in-house at Pollen means that you'll be thrown lots of new things you've probably never looked at before so developing the ability to quickly understand the legal issue and risks at hand, based on the information and resources available to you, is an invaluable skill that you will develop in this role.
- Developing into a pro-active generalist inhouse lawyer who understands our business and pressure points, is excited by the varying workload and can clearly see how Pollen Legal assists the business's goals.
- Building strong relationships with your non-legal colleagues - Pollen Legal supports the entire business, and you will be regularly liaising and advising multiple teams. For example, Pollen Legal regularly advises our product and strategy teams on legal compliance for the roll-out of UK products.
- Working closely with the General Counsel, President, CFO, external counsel and counterparties, in relation to the Group's corporate transactions. As our topco is a UK company, all our equity and debt fundraising (and share option plans) are English-law governed, and in the last two years, we have had plenty of activity on this front. These transactions are wholly important to the business, and provide a fundamental understanding of how Pollen operates.
- Gaining first-hand and practical employment law experience. With a substantial number of employees in London and Europe, ensuring we are in compliance with all applicable employment laws is critical, and advising our UK People team where legal assistance is required.
- Strengthening your commercial contracts drafting and reviewing skills. These contracts range in size and complexity, and encompass vendor contracts with hotels, venues, artists, bespoke partnership contracts and service provider contracts.
- Leading and taking full responsibility for all UK corporate compliance in areas such as:
- Company House filings;
- Cap table maintenance;
- Internal authorisations; and
Pollen is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We've established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we're also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results - how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
40,000.00 - 60,000.00 per year
equity and unlimited paid holiday
equity and unlimited paid holiday