Here at AIS, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and customer focused Imports Coordinator to join the Furniture team based in Shirley, Solihull. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary.
AIS is the largest independent, non-food buying group of its kind in the UK with a combined membership turnover of c£2bn. The group has a membership of 360 independent department store and specialist retailers operating 900 outlets across the UK, Ireland and Channel Islands.
AIS enables independent retailers to profit from the level of buying power and services normally enjoyed by big high street chains – yet with no loss of their independence.
The Imports Coordinator role:
This position will report in to the Partnership Trading and Imports Manager and support the end-to-end supply chain imports process to ensure accuracy, compliancy and efficiency.
This role would suit a highly organised, and flexible individual who has experience with logistical processes and able to communicate effectively across all levels of the business. They will need to be IT literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including advanced excel and the ability to produce accurate work of the highest standard.
Key responsibilities of our Imports Coordinator:
- Ensure the import operation meets or exceeds member SLA targets whilst minimising associated logistics costs
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of import documents provided by the suppliers and nominated freight forwarder
- Ensure the correct commodity codes are used for imports and confirm appropriate VAT and duty rates are applied
- Responsible for the daily co-ordination of shipping documentation for customs clearance
- Provide logistics guidance and commercial support on new routes to market, including identification of any customs specific regulations or requirements relating to importing goods
- Manage a robust audit trail for all customer activities including goods classifications, relevant shipping documentation, and purchase order history and use this to provide information to HMRC during business audits
- Support the Furniture and Bed trade shows in whatever capacity is required
What we’re looking for in our Imports Coordinator:
- Good commercial awareness with high levels of integrity; Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively; Good interpersonal skills with experience of customer service; Flexible team player with a positive approach
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written formats at all levels, including ability to explain complex data sets and present suggestions for improvement
- Proactive, self-motivated, organised and diligent with an attention to detail
- Experience in dealing with all elements relating to the import of product would be advantages
- Understanding of the HMRC requirements relating to the import business
- Understanding of trading, global sourcing, insurance, finance, distribution and supply chain operations
- Knowledge of road, sea and air freight service providers and general 3PL industry
- Understanding of the International supply chain including standard industry procedures and best practice
- Advanced IT skills would be an advantage, with emphasis on MS Office packages and in particular Excel
- Retail systems knowledge including interfaces with a WMS
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become our Imports Coordinator, please click ‘apply’ today! We’d love to hear from you.