The Migration Project Manager is responsible for the day to day management a portfolio of migration projects to contracted time, quality, and budget requirements.
This role will support the Global Head of Migrations in the delivery of technical migration projects, managing a distributed team of migration SME’s in multiple locations. The role requires strong planning skills, ability to make solution based recommendations based on proactive identification, management and resolution of risks and issues throughout the full project lifecycle.
This is a client facing role and requires the ability to build strong relationships with customers, often at a senior level.
- Support the delivery of the migration projects through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through to implementation.
- Develop and maintain an end to end portfolio plan that delivers the agreed scope of the project to time, budget and quality criteria.
- Input into the overall estimating process for the migration projects, and working collaboratively with the Migration SME’s to estimate the work effort required to deliver the project scope within the agreed timescales and budgets.
- Provide timely, precise, accurate and comprehensive project MI and reporting to the Global Head of Migrations
- Identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies through the full project lifecycle. Ensure mitigation plans are in place for all risks and issues, making fact based recommendations to the Global Head of Migrations to facilitate the correct mitigation plans.
- Support migration operational readiness planning, communicating with the appropriate stakeholders to facilitate dependency management and planning.
- Facilitate post implementation review and take responsibility for ensuring that lessons learned are captured and shared with the rest of the PM community.
- Lead, manage and motivate a virtual team in multiple geographic locations, communicating project progress, and ensuring all team members take accountability for delivery.
- Provide coaching, advice and support performance management with line manager’s where necessary.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement on the project, support process improvement initiatives, and identify new process improvements.
- Is an active member of the PM community, contributing to team sessions and central improvement initiatives, and sharing best practice and lessons learned.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good communication skills and capable of working with customers and internal staff.
- Experience of managing stakeholders to executive levels.
- PMP, PRINCE 2 or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Expert in Microsoft Project
- Previous experience in large scale data or asset migration projects and data modelling preferred.
FNZ is a global financial technology and asset servicing provider which powers the wealth management, administration and custodian platforms for some of the world's leading financial institutions. These customers include life insurers, retail and private banks, asset and wealth managers and financial adviser groups based across the UK, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
We believe that enhancing client engagement, lowering costs, delivering a seamless service and enabling personal solutions are key to helping people achieve their financial goals. We partner with major financial institutions to enable them to provide wealth management services to their clients across direct, intermediated and workplace channels that reflect these principles.
We develop long-term partnerships with our customers to enable them to get to market quickly with a market-leading digital proposition, transform their customer service offering and grow assets under management across multiple distribution channels.
Our customers include AMP, ANZ, Aviva, AXA Wealth, Bank of New Zealand, Fideuram Vita, HSBC, Mercer, National Australia Bank, HSBC, Santander, Santander Asset Management, Standard Life, UBS and Zurich. In all we partner with 42 institutional customers worldwide.
FNZ employs over 1,000 people with offices in Edinburgh, London, Bristol, Brno (Czech Republic), Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Melbourne and Wellington.