Our client wishes to appoint an ILS Engineer to be a key member of the engineering team, providing supportability and support solutions advice and documentation to projects, marketing and development. You will provide accurate, comprehensive and detailed Through-Life support modelling, plans and costs that are critical to winning business, providing confidence to our customers that our products and services are robust, reliable and cost-effective against our competitors. You will provide substantial experience and advice at all stages of the product life-cycle, from design; ensuring that products are designed for supportability; through installation and in-service operations; ensuring availability, reliability and maintainability at the lowest possible cost; to end-of-life and out-of-service disposal in a safe and cost-effective manner. With extensive experience in the Defence and Aerospace industry and exposure to complex, long-term MoD projects and delivery, as ILS Engineer will ensure that the Company remains in the forefront of the UK's Defence Industry capability.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Extensive experience in the UK Defence & Aerospace industry;
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and deliver to challenging timescales within a small team environment;
- Commitment to quality, performance and cost, delivering on-time with the highest standard of output;
- Proven experience with all aspects of ILS ;
- An ability to challenge design concepts and trade requirements, in order to optimise support
- Ability to design, develop and document ILS solutions for new and existing Projects and Products, Bids & Proposals to the customer including, but not limited to:
- Availability, Maintainability, Reliability (ARM) analysis and modelling (maintenance task and repair analysis, FTA, FMEA, RBD, MTA, Robustness Growth, Packaging, Handling Storage and Transportation (PHS&T) etc.);
- Through-Life Cost modelling experience;
- In-Service Support (ISS) and availability-based ISS planning and execution;
- Contracted Logistic Support (CLS) planning and execution;
- ILS performance metrics and Key Performance Indicators;
- The ability to define coherent obsolescence management strategies across the company's portfolio of projects and prepare obsolescence management plans;
- Capability to develop and manage technical publications and ensure that technical publications are aligned; e.g. procedural publications with training publications;
- Able to complete risk analysis, planning and management;
- Experience of providing Safety analysis, planning and management; and training needs analysis, plans and management.
- Provide ILS input to System Requirements Specifications and System Design Specifications;
- Identify, introduce and maintain appropriate, modern ILS software tools to support analysis and modelling and enhance the company's ability to deliver comprehensive ILS solutions;
- Ablity to ensure that relevant and/or compulsory standards are implemented and adhered to (e.g. DefStan 00-40, 00-251, 00-600, DLF, ASD/AIA-series standards) and that international best practice is applied.
£45,000.00 - £55,000.00 per year