Posting Date: Jul 23, 2020
Primary Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Job: Quantitative Strategies
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
As a quantitative trading strategist in the Equities Division at Morgan Stanley this role will focus on quantitative trading techniques to improve client liquidity in the Central Risk Book team in London. This position involves working closely with traders, developers and other quantitative researchers in a collaborative environment.
- Develop and maintain systematic strategies for equities and delta one products to manage incoming equity trade flow.
- Perform statistical event studies and analysis of large datasets.
- Formulation, analysis and backtesting of pricing, execution, risk management strategies and signals.
- Mentoring and developing junior team members.
Skills required (essential)
- Substantial commercial experience in a relevant role on the buy side or sell side.
- Experience in Alpha generation
- Ideally, a history of generating revenue
- Advanced degree in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Statistics, engineering or related subjects.
- Strong quantitative and analytical background.
- Strong programming skills in R, kdb+/q and/or Python in Unix environment essential.
- Experience with C++ and/or Java highly advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with traders and technology
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees