Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
We’re looking for a passionate identity architect to help us deliver a new identity and access management solution for the entire company. The role will be partnering closely with our internal and external technical teams to run this exciting effort to redesign how Elanco manages identity in the future.
Identity is a fundamental need for the entire organisation. Whilst hundreds of internal applications rely on identity to function, we’re taking this opportunity to build an intelligent identity solution that can automate business processes, protect the company and deliver an effortless user experience.
The Chief Identity Architect will be accountable for all identity services globally, also working closely with the CTO and enterprise architecture community to embed the IAM principles across the organisation.
The role does not include people administration, however, will provide technical leadership and decision making for DevOps teams.
Elanco is a global animal health company that develops products and knowledge services to prevent and treat disease in food animals and pets in more than 90 countries. With a 64-year heritage, we rigorously innovate to improve the health of animals and benefit our customers, while fostering an inclusive, cause-driven culture for more than 5,800 employees. At Elanco, we’re driven by our vision of food and companionship enriching life – all to advance the health of animals, people and the planet. Learn more at www.elanco.com.
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is a new team that was created following the IPO of Elanco, separating from their parent company Eli Lilly & Company. Elanco is looking to build a Technology team, focusing on Infrastructure, where none currently exists and looking to take the opportunity to think differently, build for the future and leverage modern technologies, services and processes across all areas of infrastructure. Internally, we like to describe ETS as a ‘start-up within an enterprise’!
You’ll spend your time:
- Defining, embedding and maintaining the global Identity strategy, including a clear execution plan.
- Partnering with the CTO and Enterprise Architecture, supporting the creation of architecture materials, such as a reference architecture, principles, positioning, patterns and statements.
- Identifying opportunities to optimize and modernize the Identity architecture, driving cost efficiencies.
- Identifying and positioning new Identity technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Providing Identity architecture technical leadership and decision making for DevOps team.
- Serving on various forums to analyse projects and programs to ensure they are technically sound, will do no harm, and will deliver the expected outcomes.
- Establishing strong partnerships across the architecture community and Information Security, helping to identify opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Running deep dive initiatives to help overcome major incidents, complex problems and/or realise opportunities.
- Embedding security, privacy, data protection and quality assurance across IT.
- Actively building and staying abreast of emerging technology directions related to Identity architecture, guiding IT on how to interpret and best leverage the emerging technologies.
- Engaging in the community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, educate and inspire.
The first stage is the application. After this, successful candidates will be invited to a 30min phone interview. Successful candidates from the first interview, will be invited to a 1-hour face-to-face interview at our office in Basingstoke.
Strong proven experience in technology project leadership, managing and advancing complex, global environments.
- Strong proven experience designing and delivering enterprise technology solutions.
- Strong proven experience across Identity, including Active Directory, Azure, RSA, Privileged Access Management, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, etc.
- Proven experience working with public cloud architecture (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Proven experience working with modern architecture methodologies (Service Orientated Architecture, API-Centric Design, Twelve-Factor App, FAIR, etc.)
- Experience defining and executing large-scale, transformative strategic plans.
- Demonstrated influence and communication skills across all levels of IT and third-parties.
- Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction and result.
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
Occasional travel may be required.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status