Job Reference: 339-NBTX-RN-IC-11
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Bank - ICU
- Trustwide, Bristol
- £17.01 - 26.09 Per Hour*
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Registered Bank Staff Nurse, Intensive Care Unit, Band 5,
So, you’re eager to learn more about working as a Bank Nurse in the ICU at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- Our intensive care unit is a purpose built 48-bedded unit within one of the UK’s first £450 million super-hospitals, achieving excellent outcomes including some of the highest trauma survival rates in the country.
- Our ICU unit is within a Major Trauma Centre, providing regional care for major trauma, neurosurgery, vascular, surgery, renal transplants, burns and plastic surgery, as well as complex elective surgery and medical patients.
- Our values mean we are passionate about great care at North Bristol Trust and our patients know our primary focus is to provide ‘Exceptional Healthcare, Personally Delivered’
- State of the art facilities- you will be based within our award winning Brunel building, which has recently won Best Acute Hospital Development at the 2017 Building Better Healthcare Awards in London and Best Healthcare Design over 25,000sqm at the European Healthcare Awards
- An excellent location - the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art.
But it’s not just our Trust which is exciting; our Trust Nursing bank is innovative, impressive and inclusive. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- As an NBTextra nurse you can work flexibly to suit your individual circumstances.
- Our NBTeXtra nurses are valued members of our team and have access to exceptional benefits; access to the NHS Pension scheme, free DBS and full training, induction and revalidation support. We also have competitive rates available for shifts Trust wide
- £17.01* per hour – Week Days
- £21.55* per hour - Nights and Saturdays
- £26.09* per hour – Sundays and Bank Holidays
*All rates are inclusive of annual leave allowance
- You will increase your skill set by working with multidisciplinary teams to deliver all aspects of patient care, and you’ll work with consultants, junior doctors, AHPS, You will receive paid orientation and induction (2 days on site induction (social distancing observed) and e-learning accessible from home).
- All NBTextra nurses receive free uniform
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Do you…
- Hold RN (adult) registration with current NMC license to practice
- Have recent acute hospital experience within the last 18-24 months Including ICU experience
- Have a drive to work hard, enthusiasm and the ability to commit to a 2 week induction programme if successful
- Have Right to work in UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable)
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram)
- Contact us to find out more: NBTeXtra@nbt.nhs.uk or 0117 414 6000
For further details / informal visits contact:
Contact us to find out more: NBTeXtra@nbt.nhs.uk or 0117 414 6000
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first instance.
Those from within the BNSSG (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire) who apply for this role will be considered in the second instance.
Those covered by the South West Employment Transition Framework who apply for this role will be considered in the third instance.
If no applicant is appointed from the above ‘at-risk’ pools, those from the open market will then be considered for shortlisting.
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disability Act / Two Ticks scheme and require further support/advice, please contact us on tel 0117 4141151.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant(s) will normally commence at the minimum of the scale unless they have previous NHS service at the same band. Progression through the scale is by annual increments.
Please note that stringent pre-employment checks are undertaken on all successful applicants prior to commencement in post. Please refer to the ‘Information for Prospective Employees’ attachment for information relating to DBS charges.
We are committed to Equal Opportunity - Job Share Applications are welcomed.