Are you an experienced site operative with experience in waste management looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit HWRC / Transfer Station Operators based at our Transfer Stations in Linwood, Irvine, Newton Mearns and Bishopbriggs.
Joining our team, the HWRC / Transfer station Operator will Co-ordinate the day to day transport movements within the transfer station & HWRC operation at our Transfer Stations within the Clyde Valley contract, ensuring a positive experience for site visitors
The ideal HWRC / Transfer Station Operator will have:
- Good knowledge of Transfer station & HWRC operations.
- Ability to recognise different types of waste streams.
- Experience of controlling traffic movements.
- Able to carry out instructions and requests from management with accuracy and efficiency.
- Full driving licence.
- Good self-discipline and time keeping.
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as HWRC / Transfer Station Operator, we can offer a competitive salary plus benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life
- Optional contributory healthcare.
- Payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras, Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
We are pleased to be working in partnership with the Clyde Valley Waste Partners to treat and dispose of household waste, that would otherwise go to landfill, from East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire Councils.
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£Competitive + Benefits