Line Manager for a small Design Team operating in HVAC, Retail, Commercial and Industrial Refrigeration Project applications. Operate personally as a senior design specialist for HVCAR applications such as chillers, VRV, close-control, a/c etc., Also act as the Line Manager for direct reports who specialise in Retail, Commercial and Industrial refrigeration applications to coordinate their activities and ensure design works, drawings etc., are completed to the correct accuracy, quality and on-time.
Day to day :
- A Design Manager is required, ideally from an HVACR or Building Services background, with experience in design, consultancy or technical support within a contracting environment. Previous experience with an HVACR, Building Services, Refrigeration Contractor, Service Provider or Consulting Company would be suitable backgrounds.
- Lead and manage a small HVACR design team comprising design engineers and CAD technicians.
- Be familiar with, and provide technical support on all current legislation effecting refrigeration and HVAC systems, pressure systems, etc., (e.g. DSEAR, WSE, PED)
- Be familiar with and provide technical support across the full Refrigeration Division on energy saving techniques and methods in refrigeration and HVAC applications.
- Be capable of creating and updating company policy on technical issues, e.g. F-Gas phase down and R404a replacements.
- Personally, be a specialist in HVACR design and proposal engineering typically including but not limited to: chillers, a/c, VRV, close-control, heat pumps etc., used in all sectors, applications and capacities of HVACR.
- Attend customer scoping and design meetings where required
- Produce initial outline design/scopes in support of the Project Sales team.
- Produce detailed designs, including P&ID’s, layouts, and electrical/control specifications.
- Calculations - produce engineering sheets and pipework isometric drawings, equipment selections and pipe work sizing calculations.
- Mark up drawings and issue to CAD department to produce.
- Carry out all normal Line Management functions for up to 6 direct reports.
- Come up with initial design concepts in line with end user requirements.
- Actively seek new opportunities within the industry and promote our services.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree level/HND (or equivalent) qualification in a HVAC, Building Services or relevant Mechanical Engineering discipline is preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience with an HVACR, Building Services, Refrigeration Contractor, Service Provider or Consulting Company would be suitable backgrounds.
- Previous line management of a technical or design team would be preferred.
We’re Integral, part of JLL. We’re a Facilities and Maintenance firm based across the UK. We work with organisations in Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric works with engineers nationwide to deliver engineering excellence for our clients. The Integral family are the largest mobile hard services provider in the UK.
If you’re looking to step up your career, Integral and JLL are the perfect professional home. At Integral and JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing facilities and maintenance initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at Integral and JLL!
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You’re also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us.
All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.
We’re expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.