MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Our Health Econmics team in the UK are recruiting in order to support areas including Oncology, HIV, Diabetes and Coronary Heart Disease. We are looking for a Health Technology Assessment and Outcomes Research (HTA & OR) Manager. The roles will be office based and there will be close working with both the HTA&OR team as well as the relevant cross-functional brand teams. There will also be the opportunity to engage directly with external customers and stakeholders.
These expanded roles have been developed as part of our drive to becoming a Pharmaceutical Industry Health Economics Centre of Excellence and we are looking for talented individuals to work with us to achieve this goal.
The HTA & OR Team is responsible gaining National Access and supporting local and regional access for our medicines
Nationally, primarily by managing all submissions made to UK HTA Agencies (NICE, SMC, and AWMSG), as well as supporting the Irish business. The team develops submissions which apprise the agencies about the effectiveness, costs and broader impact of new and existing MSD medicines enabling decisions to be made around NHS resource allocation. The recommendations that these agencies make are pivotal as to whether our drugs are able to be prescribed by physicians for those patients who would benefit from them. The team is made up of people who are either HTA & OR (health economists) or HTA & EBM (clinical data analysis/synthesis) by background.
The Team also plays a pivotal role in supporting marketing access strategies below the national level through the development of appropriate tools and resources.
The HTA & OR Manager is responsible for:
- Engaging with customers and external stakeholders on a regular basis to enable the HTA & OR team to better understand the environment our customers operate within.
- Developing and delivering tools and messages for the brand teams to support marketing and regional/local access strategy.
- Contributing to developing/writing the economic components of selected HTA submissions to a high quality and in a timely manner in collaboration with other team members.
- Contributing to the development of economic models for HTA submissions.
- Contributing to the development of technical expertise within the Group/Company.
- MSc in Health Economics or related discipline. (For non-UK applicants an equivalent qualification will be considered.)
Minimum Experience Required
- A demonstrable strong foundation in Health Economics from a Pharmaceutical company or external agency
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and data analysis skills
- Good knowledge of clinical documentation
- Excellent rapport building and communication skills
- A broad understanding of the NHS
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Recruitment Agency / Search Firm representatives please note:
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job Title: Sr. Spclst, Outcomes Research
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-ENG-Hoddesdon
Employee Status: Regular