When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Health Safety & Environment Support Assistant
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking for a Health Safety & Environment Support Assistant to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic team.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. As a member of our Health and Safety Team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities. These will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative and basic functional support to the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Department and Operational Managers responsible for managing HSE issues within their departments.
- Full details of all core tasks and responsibilities within this remit are provided within the attached Job Description.
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Excellent organizational, communication & analytical skills with attention to detail.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative / support role.
- Good standard of computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Basic H&S knowledge would be an advantage.
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary of £19,342.00
- 8% Company Pension
- 33 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice opportunities for Childcare Vouchers
- Exclusive employee benefit platform
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for 50 years, a milestone we celebrated with the local community in September 2017.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!