|Reports to:||Head of HR Operations|
Farrer & Co is synonymous with the highest quality legal advice and service.
We advise individuals, families, businesses, financial services, educational and not-for-profit organisations on every aspect of the law, wherever the need arises. From our offices in London we work with trusted professionals around the world to deliver a seamless international service.
Our clients present us with complex and varied challenges. Whether that's a complicated family trust issue, a multinational corporate transaction, or an emerging threat to their reputation, they need clear thinkers who can advise on the best solutions, fast thinkers when speed is of the essence and agile thinkers who can produce a fresh approach to get the job done. That's why they choose us.
Our clients value our in-depth knowledge, technical excellence and diversity of disciplines. But what really binds our long-standing relationships with them is our approach: pragmatic, plain speaking and always steadfast in our values, which we hold dear. Values which mean we gain our clients' trust, always strive to do the right thing, and aim for the best results for them.
Superb client service sits at the heart of everything we do. We are modern lawyers with timeless values.
The Team is responsible for the development of HR strategy in line with the Firm's strategy and business goals, and effecting this through the design and implementation of HR policies, practices and initiatives across all areas of people management including professional development, recruitment and selection, diversity, employee relations, pay and benefits, and organisational change and development.
To support the Reward and Benefits Manager with monthly payroll processes and benefits administration. To be an integral part in the annual salary and bonus review processes and the annual benefits renewal.
To create, produce and assist in the production of reports and analysis of HR related management information for the HR team and wider business as required.
As a super-user of core HR, payroll, benefits and appraisal systems, acting as the first point of contact for all HR Systems queries related to employee data, pay and benefits, appraisals, diversity and inclusion/gender pay gap reporting and escalating as needed to the relevant HR Manager.
HR and Payroll System
- Analyse the current systems set up/ system and service standards and in collaboration with the Reward and Benefits Manager and Head of HR Operations and implement any required changes.
- To be a super-user of the HR system (currently SD Worx), acting as the first point of contact for any queries and training.
- Supporting users within the HR Team and wider firm where required on the use of the systems and the functions within it – escalating queries to the system support desk as appropriate.
- Assisting the Reward and Benefits Manager in the monthly payroll and benefits checking and the annual benefits renewal. Being the first port of call for any salary or benefit related queries.
- Assisting the Reward and Benefits Manager in the annual salary and bonus review.
- Completing regular data integrity checks and data cleansing of the HR and Payroll system and ensuring that any data issues are resolved promptly, and relevant processes are updated where required.
- Ensuring data compliance on the HR and Payroll system in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act.
- HR system user management and set up of self-service.
- Supporting the team to identify and deliver improvements within the HR systems and user functionality.
- Continuously seeking ways to integrate, streamline and ensure full usage of the systems making recommendations to the HR Management team.
- To support the implementation of upgrades, and patches to HR related systems including testing, as required, to ensure that the systems are maintained and developed to their full potential.
- Maintenance of HR and Payroll system as required e.g. code/ table/ cost centre changes etc.
- Completing data import and export processes such as holiday adjustments and salary and bonus review.
HR Management Information
- Developing the HR Teams MI offering to the business in conjunction with HR Director and Head of HR Operations.
- Creating and generating any ad-hoc reports requested by HR team members, Managing Partners and Directors across the firm.
- Designing, producing and analysing HR management information using Excel and other reporting tools.
- Producing monthly reports for the Management Board, HR Team, Departmental Managing Partners and ensuring accurate and timely presentation and distribution.
- Analysing trends and enabling pro-active support to the business using key information and KPIs.
- Generating quarterly and annual exit interview analysis.
- Generating reports to support the D&I strategy and action plan including any benchmarking exercises.
- Managing the annual Gender Pay Gap data transfer and the initial analysis.
Payroll and Benefits
- Monthly payroll processing including collating and coordinating the data transfer to the payroll provider and providing first review of the payroll file.
- Monthly benefits support including provider reporting and reconciliation of invoices.
- Annual P11D process including collating and coordinating the data transfer to the payroll provider and providing first review of the P11D file.
- Assist the Reward and Benefits Manager in job code mapping of all roles on Willis Towers Watson, conducting an annual review in line with salary review and assisting in the mapping of new positions on an ad-hoc basis.
- Completion of salary and benefit benchmarking surveys.
- Assist the Reward and Benefits Manager in the review and update of benefit related policies.
Biannual Staff Satisfaction Survey
- Support the preparation of the biannual staff survey for distribution and publication across the firm. Support the production of regular updates (completion statistics etc) during the survey window.
- Producing analysis of the biannual staff survey presenting the information clearly and visually and producing relevant information in print and presentation style suitable for different audiences, for example the Management Board, Departmental Managing Partners, Practice Area and Business Services Managers, Departmental Secretarial Managers, and firm-wide employees.
- An experienced HR Officer with a systems emphasis or an existing HR Systems and MI Analyst.
- Previous experience with HR and Payroll systems and other hosted sites and portals.
- Business services experience within a legal or professional services environment.
- Advanced user of MS Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Clear speaking, listening and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay focused and organised.
- High attention to detail.
- Collaborative working with other team members.
- Strong customer service skills.
|Education and Qualifications|
- Qualified to GCSE standard, Grade B (or equivalent) at Mathematics and English is essential.
- Your hours of work are 09:30am-5:30pm but it is essential to be committed, flexible and prepared to work beyond the normal office hours when necessary and in response to team and client demand.
- We are able to consider flexible working for this role, we would be able to accommodate a working pattern of a minimum of 28 hours per week.