HR Project Manager (Fast To Action) - 9 month FTC ( Job Number: 201750 )
Brand : Estée Lauder Companies
Job : Human Resources
Primary Location : Europe, Middle East, Africa-GB-ENG-London
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : 1st (Day) Shift
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type : Standard
Length of Contract (in months) : 9 months
- Actively leads the day-to-day execution of projects working with UK HR, Business Leaders and a variety of talented strategic leaders.
- Act as a trusted advisor for project groups, supporting them in the development of strategies and solutions. This may include; listening and framing needs, gathering data, analyzing issues, formulating and making recommendations, and helping implement proposed solutions to pressing business challenges and needs.
- Topics will vary by business need but will span areas of HR including Organizational Effectiveness, organization design, Talent / Capability Building, MA, and Process design.
Communication Change Management:
- Analytical approach to understanding how the organization works in practice, whilst being sensitive to the change impacts, gaining buy in and driving behavioral change through the adoption of new ways of working.
- Can build and formulate change and communications plans aligned to the projects and ensure these are delivered effectively across multiple stakeholder groups.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Be seen by project teams and colleagues as a subject matter expertise on the design and improvement of business processes and end-to-end project deliverables.
- Contributing to the development of the Fast-To-Action team through continuous improvement, methodology and point of view development activities and supporting knowledge capture and sharing.
- Support the development of innovative approaches and ideas to deliver change management solutions.
FUNDAMENTAL FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
PROBLEM SOLVING AND FRAMING:
Ability to independently break a problem into its component parts and develop a methodical approach to finding a solution. Specific to the F2A Project Manager:
- Able to structure complex issues, crunch massive data, intake + organize complicated insights from multiple sources
- Thinks critically to challenge status quo and come up with innovative solutions
Ability to build and execute a plan to solve the problem, including: project timeline, identifying/ managing interdependencies, identifying key owners and stakeholders, managing budget and vendors. Specific to the F2A Project Manager:
- Drive project forward on day-to-day basis, ensuring deliverables are being planned for and met
- Flags risks/ delays appropriately
Strong written and verbal communication to effectively share the solutions and recommendation using storytelling, slide writing, persuasion, Specific to the F2A Project Manager:
- Communicate regularly with team and stakeholders
- Follows up regularly to demonstrate concern, model follow-through and communicate/ determine progress
- Exudes strong presence
- Gains respect from all levels of the client and project team
- Builds trust in a short period of time
- Acts independently and takes on challenges willingly
- Frame of reference is the future not the past
- Always willing to learn, do the thorough research, fact-finding, gather knowledge and not afraid to asks questions
COMFORTABLE WITH AMBIGUITY AND COMPLEXITY
- Responds calmly to stressful situations
- Able to acclimate and adapt quickly (to new projects, cultures and colleagues)
- Considers a multitude of outcomes and implications and how they relate to the business outcomes
- Pushes forward even when the right way forward are unclear or complex
80% managing project work as outlined above /20% taking an active role in contributing to the F2A team, including personal development and knowledge sharing
Essential skills to succeed:
- Proven capability in project management and end to end change management lifecycles
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and guide stakeholder’s in decision making
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven skills in presenting and effective communication
- Wider HR experience within at least one of the following disciplines; HR Business Partnering, organizational design, organization effectiveness, HR transformation and/or strategy development.
Additional skills desired:
- Organizational process design
- Experience of delivering change activities across single/multiple sites, functions and/or highly matrixes organizations
- Familiarity with data analytics and producing data driven insights
- Experience working in professional services and/or consulting
- Retail or FMCG experience desired but not required
Fast-To-Action is Estee Lauder Companies newly established internal consultancy, specializing in supporting a variety of HR programs, driving key business decisions and ensuring the successful end-to-end delivery of project lifecycles.
The role of the UK Fast-To-Action Project Manager is to support HR and business leaders in ensuring organization goals are clearly linked to the strategy of the HR Function, though successful end-to-end project management and objective setting. They will be responsible for delivering the day-to-day execution of projects whilst bring a fresh perspective and subjective matter expertise to the team.
Job Requirements Qualifications :
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as an individual contributor
- Project management qualification desirable
Estee Lauder Companies is an equal opportunities employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Source : Estee Lauder