We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven team member to join our HR and Organisational Development & Learning Team as a HR Officer . The role is a full time position however part time will be considered for the right candidate and is offered on a fixed term basis covering a period of maternity leave for up to 12 months. This HR Officer role is a varied generalist position, with responsibilities ranging from payroll processing, contract production, co-ordinating recruitment and being responsible for the smooth running of all HR administration functions for the team. Previous HR experience is essential for this role.
Braintree is an ambitious and dynamic Council and is becoming one of the fastest growing Districts in the East of England with three growing towns, London just 45 minutes away and the district located directly between the international transport centres of Stansted Airport and Harwich and Felixstowe International Ports. We have a deserved track record for delivering and a strong reputation within the business community.
In return for your work as HR Officer we offer excellent benefits including;
- Competitive salary of up to £28,188 per annum
- Flexible working
- Free parking
- Local government pension scheme
- Learning and development for all staff
- Staff discounts at local businesses
- Staff recognition schemes
- Extensive health and wellbeing programme including discounted gym membership.
As our HR Officer you will manage our HR information system (iTrent) and associated administration relating to staff joining, leaving or changing position within the organisation. You will also be involved in providing first level advice on a range of HR issues together with supporting on HR projects and the provision of statistical information.
What we’re looking for in our HR Officer:
- HR Administration experience including recruitment, contract production and payroll processing.
- Experience of using HR information systems ideally iTrent (MHR).
- Experience and/or ability to produce statistical HR information.
- Experience of dealing with first level HR queries.
- Good technical HR and employment law knowledge.
- Experience of developing HR processes/procedures/policies.
- Excellent IT skills specifically MS Office; particularly Excel.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A track record of developing effective relationships ideally including working with line managers to resolve HR issues.
- Ability to manage various tasks and see them through to completion.
Braintree District Council is a great place to work. We pride ourselves on our creative, innovative and forward thinking approach which is led by our staff. We are committed to having an engaged workforce who understand our strategy and how they can help deliver it.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Tuesday 5th November 2019
So, if this sounds like the role for you and you would like to learn more about our HR Officer then please click ‘Apply’ today!
Up to £28,188 plus benefits