Kennedys is looking for a HR Manager to join our global Human Resource team. This role is based in Hong Kong. The primary purpose of this role is to manage the HR function for the growing Hong Kong office. This is a strategic, yet hands on, role which focuses on both the planning/organisation but also the day-to-day delivery of the firm’s HR activities.
The position will not only work closely with the partners in Hong Kong but also with HR colleagues in UK, Australia, Singapore and US who will provide support on administrative and operational tasks, as well as the overall global HR strategy.
Kennedys HR team support the firm with all people related matters.
The majority of the HR team is based in Chelmsford and London in the UK and consists of the following sub teams; Business Partnering, Learning & Development (L&D), Operations, Recruitment Trainees and Apprentices, CSR and Diversity and Inclusion. The HR function is also responsible for the Secretarial function.
We also have full HR presence in Singapore, Bangkok, Australia and the US, and our Office Managers in other countries have involvement in HR.
- Act as the ‘point of contact’ for all HR queries
- Build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Carry out the annual salary review with the Partners
- Provide stakeholder supervisors with coaching and guidance on managing performance
- Manage and oversee the running of the monthly payroll ensuring compliance with legislation, including Mandatory Provident Fund payments
- Recruit lawyers (incuding trainees), business services professionals and secretaries
- Manage the trainee population, conduct the full trainee recruitment cycle and qualification process including attending careers fairs where appropriate
- Work in conjunction with the UK/APAC HR team and Partners to agree on the handbook, policies and processes to be rolled out in Hong Kong. This will be ongoing to ensure they are constantly in line with best practice
- Regularly review core areas of compensation and benefits to ensure they are up to date and in line with the market and provide improvements and suggestions where required
- Work in conjunction with the UK HR team and Partners on the renewal of benefits, including negotiating of supplier rates
- Working with L&D actively ensure that all training opportunities both mandatory and skills based development are embraced
- Identify with the partners any areas of non performance within the teams and actively manage the situation with the relevant partner.
- Help the implementation of all HR driven technology to be used in the Hong Kong office – appraisal, training, HRIS etc
- Ensure that Kennedys Values are embraced fully.
- Previous HR Manager experience, ideally gained within professional services environment
- Strong business acumen
- Gravitas and a strategic thinker, with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Drive and passion for working in a global environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels
- Ability to prioritise a bust workload and juggle competing deadlines
- Cantonese and English language skills are essential.
Kennedys is a global law firm with expertise in dispute resolution and advisory services. With over 2,000 people worldwide across 40 offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America we have some of the most respected legal minds in their field.
Our lawyers handle both contentious and non-contentious matters, and provide a range of specialist legal services, for many industry sectors but we have particular expertise in litigation and dispute resolution, especially in defending insurance and liability claims.
We’re a fresh-thinking firm, and we’re not afraid to bring challenging new perspectives to the table way beyond the traditional realm of legal services. We empower our clients with a diverse range of ideas, tools and technology to make their lives easier, as well as delivering exceptional results, every time.
What do we have to offer?
We welcome high-performing lawyers, business services professionals, secretaries, graduates and apprentices to join our rapidly expanding global firm. Whatever your role at Kennedys, you’ll be involved in exciting and stimulating work, where your input will make a difference.
Our culture and values form a big part of who we are and we take them seriously. We make a difference by being approachable,straightforward, supportive and distinctive. Our values are at the core of who we are and what make us a great firm to work with and for.
We develop careers in an innovative and collaborative global environment, with our values at the core. We believe that supporting individual growth and development puts us in the best position to attract and retain talented individuals. Regardless of role or level, everyone has access to virtual learning to help you develop your skills, wherever you are in the world. A variety of other exciting opportunities are available including secondments to clients and our global offices as well as a comprehensive benefits package (details are available upon request).
We’ve created a culture based on client service, professional excellence, hard work and trust. We deeply value the relationships we build with our clients and we know that they value our warm, friendly human approach. We are here to provide answers, recommendations, strategy and tactics.
Kennedys is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. We expect all employees to be aware of and comply with all relevant policies and procedures within their jurisdiction, including those relating to Information Security, Data Protection and Quality Management, refer any breach promptly to Risk & Compliance and to complete all mandatory training when requested.Download