HR Manager Part time (15 - 20 hours per week) Salary FTE £45,000 plus benefits.
We are now looking to recruit a HR Manager into the business to act in a standalone capacity, working in our Hamble and Swanwick locations.
The role itself is part-time - ideally spread over 3/4 days a week, but with reduced hours (09:30 until 14:30 for example) however, we are happy to accommodate for the right candidate.
This is a fast paced role, in which you will need to have extensive experience working as a generalist. You will be joining a friendly, family feel business, in which rewards and retains its employees well.
You'll be looking after 80 employees and will be assisting both operationally and strategically reporting directly to the directors. Employees are split between blue and white collar workers. There are already existing policies and procedures in place, but would be ideal if you could review and make changes.
Key Duties Responsibilities:
- Management of the entire HR function and core processes, including employment law, employee relations, recruitment, employee lifecycle, policies and procedures and more.
- Design, management and continuous improvement of staff engagement initiatives and community/staff events
- Working with senior management, advising on all people management issues
- Working with management regarding employees on long term absence
- Deal with complex employee relation issues including grievances and dismissals
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law, ensuring managers are up to date with any changes to policies
- Measure and track core HR and business processes including recruitment, turnover, reward etc. and report to the directors monthly
- Implement and manage all learning and development initiatives
- Head up the performance management processes
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with, and communication of all legal and regulatory employment practice.
Required Skills / Experience:
- 7+ years previous experience within a generalist and standalone HR Manager position.
- Experienced within the manufacturing industry (or similar)
- Ideally CIPD qualified.
- Strong employment law experience.
- Flexible / Can do attitude who can get things done.
The company is looking for someone that is ambitious, friendly and has a real passion for people. It is important for you to align the HR strategy with the business goals, as well as managing all transactional duties within the business.
Plenty of development opportunities for you within the business, as ultimately this is a new role within the business.
About the Company:
Established in 1985, Esprit provides a comprehensive range of Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) to UK and European markets, with a reputation for developing bespoke and robust solutions.