Title HR Advisor
To actively support line managers across the business by providing effective and professional HR advice and guidance covering the full generalist remit to support the Company Strategy and embed excellent people practices.
- Be the first point of contact for line managers in dealing with people and HR issues in the UK & internationally, challenging decisions and providing sound and consistent advice and support in line with legislation and company procedure.
- Provide effective leadership and guidance to the HR Assistant instilling professionalism and ensuring high levels of accuracy and customer service are demonstrated at all times.
- Review, update, develop and implement HR policies and procedures ensuring compliance with employment law and recognised best practice establishing processes in line with the company strategy.
- Promote the visibility of the HR team across the business by completing site visits and maintaining a HR presence so queries and concerns can be addressed in a timely manner and value added through face to face discussions.
- Coach, train and develop line managers in all aspects of people issues including sickness absence management, investigations and recruitment embedding best practice.
- Devise site-specific people plans, in conjunction with the Group Director of HR, to drive change and improve business efficiencies in line with strategic goals.
- Promote a culture of engagement and “getting the best out of people”. Support the succession planning process and liaise with Learning and Development to inform the training plan.
- Manage the recruitment process, training and supporting managers, instilling professionalism and best practice to ensure high calibre candidates are recruited to achieve company strategy.
- Protect our company and our people by undertaking salary benchmarking and raising issues or discrepancies with the Group Director of HR.
Education / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- CIPD qualified
- Significant experience working at adviser level within a fast-paced environment
- High levels of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent knowledge of employment law and best practice, with experience developing policy and procedure
- Previous experience coaching and supporting managers in ER cases and recruitment
- Previous experience of HR administration
- Good understanding of strategic HR
- Exposure to international HR would be an advantage
- An overview of learning and development is desirable
- Problem solving skills with the ability to resolve difficult situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and work with managers of all levels
- Results focused
- Excellent organisation skills
- Works with initiative and independence
- Ability to develop others
- Confidence to challenge
- Full driving licence as there will be travel to other UK sites
- H&S induction
- HR paperwork, processes etc.
- IT awareness
- Equality & Diversity training
- DSE risk assessment
- Company induction (to be tailored e.g. site visits)
- Vision 2020
Training (on the job, in-house, external):
- HR Policies and Procedures
- HR Administrative Templates