HR Advisor / Human Resources Officerwho has a goodunderstanding of the Education Sector, CIPD qualified to at least level 6 with excellent written and oral communication skills is required for a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust based in Stanmore, North West London.
SALARY:up to £40,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Stanmore, North West London
TYPE: Full-Time2 Year Fixed Term Contract – there is flexibility as to whether this is a term-time contract or an all-year-round 52 week per year contract
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for anHR Advisor / Human Resources Officer with a good understanding of the Education Sector, CIPD qualified to at least level 6 and excellent written and oral communication skills.
This is a new role sitting within the centralised HR department and as the HR Advisor / Human Resources Officer you will have responsibility for playing a pivotal role within HR in providing support and advice to the schools.
Working as the HR Advisor / Human Resources Officer you will provide support in an advisory capacity across multiple sites, acting as a point of contact to the Trusts’ five schools and external contacts, maintaining confidentiality and respect whilst adhering to policies, procedures and regulatory framework.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the HR Advisor / Human Resources Officer will include:
- First point of contact for managers and employees for HR policies and/or queries
- Supports managers with all operational People issues giving clear and concise advice, escalating complex issues to the HR Director
- Provide timely advice on HR issues in relation to absence management, disciplinaries, grievances, case work, performance management and probationary management to ensure compliance with legislation and HR policies and procedures
- Advise, support and coach managers on the interpretation and application of policies, processes and procedures, ensuring these are applied fairly and consistently
- Recommend appropriate courses of action in line with best practice, policies, employment legislation and relevant regulatory frameworks
- Provide advice and support to managers in change management activities such as redundancy, TUPE and other organisational change situations attending homes/schools if appropriate ensuring correct information and consultation processes are followed
- Ensure accurate records are maintained so that appropriate information is available to support any present or future decisions/challenges in relation to HR and other matters
- Collate and provide management information on sickness absence, turnover, discipline, grievances and performance capability to directors, senior managers and other managers to ensure that the HR business matters are managed and/or resolved as quickly as possible
- Work as part of the team to review, maintain and issue policy documents, handbooks, contracts of employment, and role profiles so that they are up to date with current legislation and HR best practice
- Manage and prioritise a varied employee relations caseload, working to tight timescales
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality but always having regard to safeguarding responsibilities and to keep the schools compliant with data protection law
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience working at HR Advisor / Officer level in a generalist role is highly desirable
- CIPD at least Level 6 qualified or have equivalent proven level of experience
- Degree educated
- Experience of supporting managers in all areas of People matters including employment offers, People policies, performance improvement, disciplinary & grievance, absence & sickness, variation of terms, termination of employment and recruitment, etc.
- Experienced in supporting and advising employees on the full spectrum of ER issues
- Experience of developing/updating policies with changes in employment legislation
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of UK employment legislation
- The ability to explain complex employment issues and legislation in non-HR speak
- Able to organise and prioritise multiple work streams within a fast paced and evolving environment
- Able to work effectively on own initiative and within limits of own professional boundaries and knowledge
- Experience of job evaluation – HAY, GLPC, NJC scheme
- Working knowledge of TUPE is desirable
- Demonstrates a calm and professional approach to sensitive and/or in contentious people issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Respectful of confidentiality
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Stanmore, North West London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awdonline | http://www.awdo.co.uk