Do you have experience of working with vulnerable people?
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life? We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
We believe that all employees are the heart and soul of us. We want to invest in you, to ensure that you feel valued as we believe happy staff equals a happy workplace and this will contribute to a successful Charity.
Why not come and join our team, all staff receive the following benefits:
- 24 days holiday increasing to 29 days with over 5 years' service. Bank Holidays are in addition to this
- Comprehensive induction Training
- Access to award - winning training and development - My Learning Cloud
- Generous sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Via Mindful Employer Plus
- Accredited Disability Confident Employer
- Staff Work Perks
We are looking to recruit Housing Support Workers based in Gosport, Hampshire to work with Veterans for 37.5 hours per week. This position calls for a flexible approach and will involve assisting the Manager to develop innovative and effective practice relating to team building, service user involvement, key working and outcome monitoring as required internally and by the funders to support veterans to lead fulfilling and independent lives.
You are required to be a car driver with access to a road worthy vehicle to be able to apply for this post.
The hourly rate is £9.32ph, rising to £9.55ph after successful probation review. Annual Salary £18,174 rising to £18,622.50. Flexibility is required.
This is a great opportunity to join our enthusiastic team!
Key performance objectives;
- To directly provide support for veterans so they may work toward maximising their independence.
- Work as part of a team being responsible to your Line Manager for the wellbeing of service users, all other staff and volunteers.
- Collate information as required to enable accurate reporting on performance against internal/external targets and outcomes.
- Ensure veterans are fully involved at all levels in the running of the project.
Housing Support Worker | Support Worker | Supported Housing | Veterans | Vulnerable Adults | Charity | Support | Supported Living | Care | Admin | IT Literate | Leadership
All applicants are required to be a car driver with access to a reliable motor vehicle, with Business Insurance.
Mileage paid at 40p per mile.
All applications are required to complete an application form for this post.
- To hold a relevant qualification or be committed to personal development through training leading to NVQ accreditation or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the supported housing sector and the key working system.
- Experience of managing own professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system and of Health and Safety Legislation and related issues.
- Experience of working effectively with petty cash and financial procedures.
- Ability to work autonomously and use own initiative whilst being organised and able to manage time and prioritise workloads, whilst also able to work well under pressure and crisis manage.
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Ability to engage with Veterans who have complex needs and challenging behaviour and to involve veterans in improving services.
- Basic admin and IT skills including word processing and the ability to input information into a database.
- Have good communication skills, (both oral and written) and strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with service users, team members and external agencies.
- A good understanding of service lifestyles.
- Knowledge of Supporting People Framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of the voluntary sector.
- Experience of working objectively with clients who have mental health issues.
- Empathy with homeless vulnerable veterans.
We have some of the most dedicated and enthusiastic staff and volunteers that you could ever meet - and if you're interested in helping vulnerable people to achieve their goals, there could be a place here for you too.
9.32 - 9.55 per hour