Housing Services Trainee (x2 vacancies)
This is a two year fixed term contract
Application Closing Date: 05/07/2019
The role is a member of the Operations Department (specifically the Housing Service team)
General Description of Duties
The role is an opportunity to work in both housing support and housing management.
A training programme, including a formal housing qualification will be provided, which will cover the key responsibilities below, giving you the opportunity to learn and develop as a housing professional. You will not be office based but out in our communities across the West Midlands.
To do this you will need a driving licence and access to a car for work, with a flexible approach to working hours to deliver services based on the needs of our customers.
As a Housing Trainee you will be out in Nehemiah ’s neighbourhoods, including our supported housing schemes building successful diverse communities by providing culturally sensitive housing and support services to our current and future customers.
You will be responsible for delivering great customer relationships - helping our customers make the most of their tenancies.
You will be a key contact for customers to help them resolve issues and handle queries. You will build and maintain customer relationships, from the point you welcome new customers to when they leave.
You will build relationships with key partners and services in the community to give access to routes into work, education and training and help create and maintain great neighbourhoods.
You will contribute to our performance targets by chasing customers for late rent, letting our homes quickly, and the effective management of our homes and customers.
You will support our Property Service team by carrying out stock condition surveys as and when required.
- Assist the Housing Services Manager to organise and deliver the Customer Framework and required outcomes with the Housing Officers including working with various groups and providing support for meetings and events.
- To help plan and report the outcomes of customer satisfaction surveys across the department in conjunction with the Housing Services Manager.
- To support the Operations Team with administrational duties for the department.
- To report any suspicions of safeguarding issues relating to customers to in line with the relevant policy.
You will establish and maintain excellent relationships with external partners and stakeholders by attending and representing Nehemiah at Forums and meetings.
You will ensure that high standards of estate management are achieved within a VFM framework. You will work with customers to identify areas where improvements can be made to their communities.
You will ensure the income of the business is maximised, by working closely with Housing Officers and scheme managers to chase customers for late rent and service charge payments, static debts, negotiating repayment plans and where appropriate referring customers for money advice support.
You will ensure tenancy responsibilities are complied with and that appropriate action in relation to breaches of tenancy conditions are taken. You will identify areas of concern and ensure that support is accessed through appropriate agencies and support services to enable customers to sustain tenancies successfully wherever possible.
You will provide an excellent service to customers who experience anti-social behaviour, using housing legislation and working with external partners to resolve issues quickly.
You will ensure the views of customers are captured and listened to, using the information to continuously improve services. You will attend customer engagement opportunities as required.
You will prepare reports and statistical information as required.
You will liaise as appropriate with Property Services staff over, voids, repairs and maintenance issues, to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered.
Record KeepingYou will update and maintain all manual and computerised records in an accurate and timely manner.
Health & Safety
The post holder must comply with employer’s health and safety policy and in particular is required:
• To take reasonable care for their own health and safety at work and of those who may be affected by their actions or by their omissions
• To cooperate with their line manager to work safely, to comply with health and safety instructions and information and undertake appropriate health and safety training as required
• Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare
• To report to their manager any health and safety concerns, hazardous condition or defect in the health and safety arrangements.
Any Other Duties
1. You will represent Nehemiah externally in an appropriate and professional manner.
2. You will promote equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace, in the provision of housing services and in the wider community.
3. You will take responsibility for personal development.
4. The job is likely to change over time and the post holder may be asked to carry out other duties to maintain the efficiency of the Operations Department Service. The Association reserves the right to amend this job description, as the needs of the job change following discussion with you.
Essential User Car Allowance