When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Up to £8.42 per hour
Ravensdale is a twenty bedded specialist psychiatric home working with adult service users who present with complex mental health needs. The home also offers specialist care for individuals with Huntington's disease and other neurological conditions. We have a focus on enablement and recovery and have expanded to support three people on an intensive recovery journey. The home is split in to 2 x 10 bedded units and one 3 bedded community house.
Being the housekeeper means that you will have overall responsibility for ensuring that the home provides an inviting and warm environment for all visitors, residents and staff.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensuring the laundry operates effectively
- Supervising, motivating and organising the domestic and laundry teams to achieve compliance with company standards, policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and guidance, including the use of PPE
- Controlling the purchase, use and handling of all chemicals and products to ensure financial budgets are achieved
- Complying with health & safety requirements
You should have previous management experience, in a similar role. Experience of working in a nursing/care home is not essential, but would be beneficial, as would a working knowledge of COSHH and Health & Safety regulations.