Langley House Trust has an opportunity for a Hostel Night Security Officer to join our team based in Coventry on a full time permanent basis working 40 hours per week. We are offering the successful Hostel Night Security Officer a competitive salary of £18,554 per annum (£8.92 an hour) plus pension & excellent benefits.
Our Murray Lodge project in Coventry offers hostel and independent living accommodation, together with floating support to a diverse client base with minimal needs and are supported by a strong multi-disciplinary housing team.
We are pleased to confirm that Murray Lodge has had no reported COVID-19 cases and we are following all government guidelines around this, including safeguarding our clients and employees with stringent protocols around PPE and hygiene.
As the Hostel Night Security Officer, you will have the opportunity to safeguard the hostel buildings including taking part in the Project team rota.
Langley House Trust is an innovative Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958, we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending with proven results. Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none. We love our work and enjoy Investors in People Gold accreditation and were announced the winner of the 24 Housing Awards 2019 Care and Support Provider of the year.
Responsibilities of our Hostel Night Security Officer:
- Ensure that residents, visitors, staff receive a quality service at all times
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all occupants of the premises and grounds
- Monitor and report any building defects
- Be responsible for Emergency Procedures, and the actions to be taken
- Ensure all First Aid and Fire Fighting equipment is in the correct location and functional
- Respond to the activation of the Automatic Fire Detection Systems
- Assist with the de-escalation of incidents involving clients and or others
- Control access to the building by staff, visitors and residents
- Assist in the issue and receipt of residents’ keys
- Conduct security patrols in accordance with routine instructions
- Maintain regular telephone and radio contact between the project
- Respond to the activation of an AFD alarm
- Ensure that the hostel’s policy on the prohibition of smoking is complied with
If you wish to find out more about this role, please contact Andy Nott on 02476 505759
Closing Date: 29/10/2020
Interview Date: TBC
If you are in harmony with the Christian ethos of our organisation and wish to join our team as our Hostel Night Security Officer, please click ‘Apply’ now!
We reserve the right to close earlier if we receive sufficient applicants.
Please note that a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check is required for this role and job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant’s right to work in the UK, medical and references.