brighterkind is a dynamic care home group that is delivering a new approach to care, putting residents’ happiness and health at the heart of our philosophy. Currently a standalone business within the Four Seasons Group, brighterkind has aspirations to develop independently into one of the leading care home providers in the UK.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a caring, fun and forward thinking business which is currently in its early stages of development.
brighterkind operates in excess of 70 care homes throughout England, Scotland and the Channel Islands and employs more than 4,000 people. We are already the 5th largest provider in the UK with aspirations to develop further over the next three years.
brighterkind is focused on becoming the brand of choice within the care sector. Our aspiration is that in time brighterkind becomes a byword for unrivalled levels of personal and nursing care, offering outstanding recreation and activities, and delivering a high quality food and dining experience to all our residents. Put simply, our aim is to establish ourselves as the best known and most highly respected operator in the care sector.
We are investing heavily in our estate as part of a comprehensive re branding and refurbishment strategy. £25m has been earmarked to refurbish our homes and turn them into contemporary and comfortable places to live and work; £12m of this capital has already been invested. We are also investing heavily in professional development and have created a number of industry leading training programmes to help our managers and leaders to be the best that they can be.
We aspire to provide our employees with a truly rewarding opportunity to proactively shape the company culture and influence the development of the business. This really is an exciting time to join us. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment for proactive and innovative individuals to flourish and develop.
We are looking for professional, creative and energetic candidates to join our friendly and passionate team all working towards the same goals – to help those we care for, love every day!
Leading the Home and team of employees to deliver outstanding levels of care to all residents in a safe, welcoming, caring and stimulating environment, whilst increasing profitability and developing brand awareness through occupancy and fee rate growth. Overall responsibility for all services and, levels of service, provided to the residents through well trained, competent, motivated and excited employees.
You will have previous experience in a similar role, building and maintaining excellent relationships with the Registration Authority complying with legal and statutory requirements and representing the Home as the Registered Manager.
An experienced leader you will be instrumental in recruiting, retaining and developing your team within a collaborative, open and honest culture where all team members have the opportunity to thrive.
Leading the home and team of employees to deliver outstanding levels of care to all residents in a safe, welcoming, caring and stimulating environment, whilst increasing profitability and developing brand awareness through occupancy and fee rate growth. Overall responsibility for all services and, levels of service, provided to the residents through well trained, competent, motivated and excited employees.
Essential Job Functions
The following basic and other qualifications are reflective of the types of work and commensurate with the level of education and experience indicated in this Job Description.
Financial and Resource Management
- Maximise financial performance of the home, exceeding budgetary targets and increase the percentage of private fee payers;
- Purchase stock and budgetary control of all consumable items, required for the day to day operation of services throughout the Home to meet budgeted performance targets for all items of controllable expenditure;
- Authorise the purchase of equipment and its maintenance or replacement, required for the day to day operation of services within the agreed budgets;
- Work in collaboration with other supporting departments to produce an annual Business Plan including a business review with targets as well as Budgets for expenditure.
- Recruit, retain and develop all team members, ensuring staffing levels are maintained and costs are within budget;
- Review skills and knowledge of team members and providing opportunities for training and development including, annual appraisals, supervisions and mid-term reviews for all employees.
- Establish a collaborative, open and honest culture in which all team members have the opportunity to thrive.
- Maintain excellent relationships with the Registration Authority complying with legal and statutory requirements and representing the Home as the Registered Manager;
- Act as an ambassador to represent the heart and face of the home to key decision-makers building a sound reputation within the local community and ensuring yours is the local “home of choice” and working towards excellence.;
- Work with the Regional Manager and wider operational support team to drive sales, margin growth and new service development to deliver consistently positive home performance measured against agreed KPIs.
Strategic Planning and Development
- Undertake pro-active occupancy planning, developing strategies to maximise occupancy and pricing levels.
- Build and maintaining excellent relationships with residents, their relatives and visitors, and all external parties involved in the residents’ wellbeing;
- Respond to all reasonable requests and ensure that they are acted upon. Make sure that concerns or complaints are promptly investigated and dealt with appropriately in line with company policy and guidance;
- Review and maintain all records required by the Company in line with Information Governance and under the Care Standards Act 2000.
- Communicate frequently, openly and honestly with residents, relatives and other key stakeholders.
Health and Safety
- Ensure the overall health and safety of the home for all residents, visitors and team members in line with company guidelines and legislation including Risk Assessments, COSHH, Moving and Handling, Food Hygiene, Fire Safety and appropriate recording notification and investigation of untoward incidents and accidents including RIDDOR.
Due to the nature of this role there may be the requirement for occasional travel.
An energetic, committed yet approachable team member, the person who fulfils this role will add real value with their obvious passion and commitment to both residents, families and staff alike, but will have the ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment with care and compassion. Your talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
If you possess these skills and the drive to succeed in this role we would love to hear from you. In return brighterkind provide a variety of competitive benefits including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development programme, child care vouchers and an employee discount scheme.
Their talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
To succeed you will be:
- A team player - brighterkind is a low ‘ego’ organisation;
- Strong communicator and influencer;
- Energetic and hard-working;
- Passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference in everything that they do
- A sense of humour and positive outlook on life – Glass half full rather than half empty is key!
We offer unrivalled employee benefits as our staff are at the heart of our achievements and future vision. Rewarding commitment and long service are important to us and all employees are entitled to the following benefits and incentives.
- Competitive salaries and generous holiday allowance
- Ongoing personal development plan and career progression
- Team Meal Offering
- Free uniform
- High street discount vouchers
- NEST work place pension contributions
- Long service awards and vouchers
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and a DBS check.
As you can imagine we receive very high volumes of applications for some of our roles.
Whilst we are not able to respond personally to each applicant, we appreciate the time you have taken to consider and apply for a new role with brighterkind.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, then on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please keep checking our website for upcoming opportunities.