The Highways sector is one of Arcadis' core markets, a position it has held throughout our 150 year history, and we pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting solutions for transportation infrastructure design and construction schemes.
Our Highways team is involved in some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK’s and indeed the world’s most prestigious and challenging projects. Our current client portfolio includes the Department of Transport, Transport for Scotland, Highways England, Transport for London, Borough Councils, Civil Engineering Contractors and International Governments, for whom we undertake the planning, design and supervision of civil engineering and transport solutions to exceed our client’s requirements.
Owing to recent contract awards, we are now looking to recruit a high calibre Highways Design Engineer/ Assistant Engineer to work in our UK-based highways design team on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK and ensure we meet the demanding workload.
We are seeking to locate a career minded Highways Design Engineer / Assitant Engineer who has gained proven work experience in the design of UK highways schemes. To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
- You will hold a MEng / MSc in Civil Engineering / Structures working towards a professional qualification
- Good Maths and Physics A-level qualifications
- Highways England Major projects design experience
- DMRB knowledge
- Experience in 3D Modelling, MX, Civils 3D or similar
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability in Quality System Control
- Proven experience in project work on UK Highways Projects
- Ability to carry out independent engineering tasks and lead small engineering teams
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and ProjectWise
- Can work and act as part of a team with good communication skills
- Well organised, attention to detail, flexible and professional
- Flexible, helpful and proactive work ethic
- Familiar with working with design engineers and understanding their terminology
- Knowledgeable of Change Control, Technical Queries, Design Management
- Familiar with NEC3/ NEC4 contract administration
Reporting to the Team Leader / Discipline Leader, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging Highways schemes. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for successfully completing assigned drafting projects within budget and deadlines and provide technical guidance to other members of the drafting team, ensuring compliance with Arcadis drafting standards and national drafting standards. Your role will also encompass the control, coordination and supervision of less experienced Graduate Engineers, Technicians and Apprentices ensuring that their work is in line with our guidelines and project requirements.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the production of designs are accurate, clear and concise and compliant with best practice and any other standards dictated by the nature of the project
- Assisting in the resolution of complex technical issues
- Working to make sure that the design component of the project comes within budget and deadline
- Leading design teams and reviewing of design model production
- Mentoring other members of the design team in their development
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with Project Managers
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health & Safety regulations
- Document management, including project / drawing registers
At Arcadis, we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and endeavours and we have designed a flexible benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
- Pension matched up to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Birthday Vouchers
- Long Term Service Awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make!
Applying could not be easier, please click the link below and follow the simple steps to upload your CV and commence what could be the next and most fulfilling chapter in your career to date.