Higher Level Night Support Worker - Farcet, PE7
We are recruiting for Higher Level Night Support Workers to join our Staff Teams at our established Supported Living provision, An Darach Care, located in Farcet, Peterborough.
About the job:
As a Higher Level Night Support Worker, you will be key in leading a team to help our young adults with complex needs. This is a challenging role, but the rewards are incomparable to any other job. You will be committed to person-centred care and motivated by enabling our tenants to live as independently as possible within their home and wider community.
You will also support our staff team to carry out their wide range of duties appropriately and effectively, promoting choice and individuality for our residents at all times.
What would I be doing?
- Positively contribute to the personal development of our tenants with both practical and emotional support.
- Lead by example, behave and communicate appropriately at all times.
- Design, implement, deliver and contribute in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events within the home and wider community.
- This will involve regular outings and trips and on occasion, extended visits and holidays.
- Using knowledge and experience, contribute positively to care planning and participate supportively in reviews as requested, demonstrating a sound knowledge regarding nutrition and hygiene.
- Maintain accurate, clear and concise record keeping.
- Take ownership for key-worker duties and where appropriate look to develop and strengthen links with families, friends and relevant significant others.
- Work in partnership with the Management team to ensure streamlined service delivery and consistent communication across the homes.
- Proactively participate in supporting the staff team to include carrying out supervisions as requested.
- Attend and contribute positively to regular staff meetings and hand-over meetings, ensuring all relevant info
- rmation is disseminated appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Contribute positively to the training and development of the staff team to include own personal development / highlighting any training needs.
What experience or qualifications would I need?
- Hold a minimum completed Diploma Level 2 in Health & Social Care.
- Experience of providing care and support to young adults, ideally young adults with disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour.
- Competent written and oral communication skills to include computer literacy.
What would I get in return?
- A starting salary of £21081.21
- Overtime available
- Extensive training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend.
- Life Assurance
- Fully expensed off-site activities and trips to attend alongside our tenants
- Genuine career development opportunities for those who want them
- Full funded DBS checks
About Kisimul Group:
Kisimul Group Ltd are a group of independent specialist schools and adult provisions providing exceptional residential care and award-winning education to children, young people and adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe and complex learning difficulties, global development delay and associated challenging behaviour.
Kisimul is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Kisimul is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all.
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check.
Kisimul Group Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.