Job Reference: J192-A-20-9008
- Turning Point
- £39,390 - £42,500
Turning Point is a national health and social care organisation, providing specialist and integrated services which focus on improving lives and communities across mental health, learning disability, substance misuse, primary care, the criminal justice system and employment.
Turning Point has exciting new opportunities in our new service in Luton. This is a growing service, and as such we will be recruiting for all roles over the next 12 months.
The Luton Wellbeing Service will provide person-centred, holistic, and accessible wellbeing services which are flexible and creative, easy to access and navigate and responsive to the needs of local people. It will enhance and protect the health and wellbeing of the population of Luton and improve the health of the poorest fastest.
The service will contribute to tackling inequalities in health through promoting and supporting people to develop healthier behaviours and lifestyles in the context of their own local communities. It focuses on engaging with individuals in communities and offering them practical support to change their behaviour to achieve their own choices and goals and achieve greater personal resilience stability.
We are looking to recruit a High Intensity Person Centred Experiential Counsellor. You must hold a Counselling Qualification, BACP accreditation and have completed the Person-Centred Experiential Counselling for Depression Training (PCE-CfD) IAPT Training course. Alongside a vast experience of working within the mental health sector, you’ll have a proven ability to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients, as well as working relationships with your colleagues. You’ll be confident in managing your own caseload whilst working towards both service and individual targets.
In return, you’ll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress in your career with us. You will also be able to make use of our digital platform to work remotely where available.
We support people who are having difficulty in coping and suffering mental distress. If you’re inspired by the social model of mental health that works holistically according to need rather than diagnosis and would like to help us achieve our vision, we can offer a competitive remuneration package and excellent training and development opportunities.
Our benefits package also includes:
- ‘My Turning Point’ bespoke Reward Discount Scheme sharing a range of online range of offers and discounts including shopping vouchers, discounts on gas and electric bills, gym scheme discounts, up to 55% off the cost of cinema tickets and much more!!
- You may also benefit from our Childcare Voucher scheme, our bike to work scheme, season ticket loans and much more!
- Receive a £200 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they’re employed
- Inspired by Possibility Employee of the Year scheme – in recognition of your excellence
- Life assurance scheme for all team members and enhanced contributory Pension scheme
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice – also available to family members.
- Online Right Steps Health & Wellbeing Support package to all our team members. Information and evidence based support you can trust about low mood and anxiety, drugs and alcohol, healthy eating, stress at work and physical activity
- Competitive rates of pay with annual Pay Reviews
- Annual Holiday allowance – Buy and sell annual leave options to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working patterns to support work/home life balance
- Excellent training opportunities leading to career development – ongoing access to a huge range of training and support to help you develop. We provide a thorough induction and training program when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1’s and annual appraisals, we’ll help you develop and progress your career.