HGV and Vehicle Technician
£21,589 to £23,836 per annum
To undertake the full range of repairs and maintenance to the vehicle fleet, plant and equipment
- Working on one’s own initiative to, locate, investigate and diagnose faults and defects (using diagnostic equipment where available) in the mechanical, electronic, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, on the chassis and specialised bodies and all other parts of the vehicle fleet and associated equipment, especially those fitted to specialist vehicles such as refuse collection vehicles, tractors, diggers and grass cutting machinery etc.
- To plan and undertake the effective and efficient repair or rectification of defects and faults on the vehicle fleet, with due regard to the sourcing, availability and cost of the replacement parts and spares and the downtime of the vehicle/ plant and to liaise with Service Managers on the effect that this may have with the delivery of the end service.
- To ensure that appropriate administrative duties arising from the maintenance of the vehicle fleet, plant and equipment, including VOSA required records, VOSA inspection programmes and MOT schedules and documentation are completed in a timely fashion, so that detailed records are retained for all work carried out through the vehicle workshop.
- To deliver and collect vehicles from suppliers, repairers and user departments and to act as a representative to ensure vehicles conditions are verified prior to collection or delivery to 3rd parties
- To hold a current LGV category C driving licence.
- To be a designated Fork Lift operator and licence holder.
If you interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV or contact Katie at M65 Jobsearch.