Facilities by ADF have an exciting opportunity for a HGV / Trailer Mechanic to join their growing team in Bordon, Hampshire.
Job Title: HGV / Trailer Mechanic
Location: Bordon, Hampshire
Salary: £16.50 per hour, overtime is available at 1.5X basic hourly rate.
Hours: 45 Hour Week (including paid breaks)
Facilities by ADF provide serviced vehicle hire for television and film productions in the UK and Europe, specialising in on-location support for dramas and major features.
Due to rapid growth, we are looking to recruit an experienced HGV / Trailer Mechanic to join our workshop team, to service and repair our fleet of c.400 HGVs and trailers. On offer is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company which is established in providing facilities to the TV and Film industry.
This is a role is based out of the depot in Bordon and you will also be required to be mobile as and when required. ADF are a 24/7 operation and staff will be required to work varied hours with a rota for one weekend in four being in place.
HGV / Trailer Mechanic – Main Duties:
- Vehicle Inspections to DVSA and FTA standards
- Fault finding, repairs & servicing of commercial vehicles and trailers
- MOT preparation to DVSA standards
- Vehicle servicing to vehicle manufacturing standards
- Completion of all relevant paperwork ensuring that all work undertaken is compliant
- Use of diagnostic equipment
HGV / Trailer Mechanic – Essential Requirements:
- 4 years' experience as a HGV Mechanic (Post Qualification)
- IT Literate
- High level of communication
- Basic knowledge of computers and fleet diagnostics
- Good organizational skills and ability to be able to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Initiative to work autonomously
- Knowledge of R2C Fleet Maintenance system or equivalent
HGV / Trailer Mechanic – Desirable Requirements:
- Preferred a “Time Served” mechanic or possess City & Guilds 1,2 & 3 Certificates or equivalent with experience and have a technical experience in HGV and trailer servicing and repairs
- HGV license beneficial (Class 1)
- IRTEC Registered
HGV / Trailer Mechanic – Benefits:
- 28 days holiday
- Pension / Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discounts with High Street Retailers
Facilities by ADF aim is to provide each production with unrivalled service throughout via its extensive investment in people and its vehicle fleet.
To submit your CV for this exciting HGV / Trailer Mechanic opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ today!