Riverside Commercials have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician to join their team based in Stockton-on-Tees.
Job Title: HGV Technician
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000 per annum
Job Type: Full-time
Riverside Commercials are a leading independent commercial vehicle repair company based in Stockton-on-Tees. We provide a high-quality service for our customers, being responsible for maintaining and repairing customer vehicles and fleets and inspecting vehicles to VOSA standard. Over the last year we have seen a positive increase in work and looking forwards we have plans for developing and building the business further.
HGV Technician - Key Responsibilities:
- Carrying out diagnostics, inspections and repairs on a wide variety of makes and models of commercial vehicles and trailers
- Inspect vehicles to the latest DVSA standards
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed accurately and fully
- Assist with roadside breakdowns and take part in the 24 hour call-out rota
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy, and maintained
- Attend any technical or developmental training that is made available
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business like and professional manner
- Road testing vehicles.
Week 1 - 7am - 4pm, Mon to Fri
Week 2 - 11am - 8pm, Mon to Fri and 7am - 4pm, Sat
HGV Technician - You:
The ideal candidate will be responsible, self-motivated, and resilient. They will be working in a fast-paced environment and should be able to manage their time effectively, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. We are looking for someone who is willing to go the extra mile, takes pride in their work and is keen to grow and develop with the company.
- Min 3 years' experience working on commercial vehicles
- Attention to detail
- Diagnostic and fault-finding skills
- NVQ level 3 in Commercial Vehicle Repair
- Time management
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines
- Class 1 driving licence
- Experience on Mercedes star diagnostics
- Both truck and trailer experience
- Forklift truck licence
- Experience in a similar roll
HGV Technician - Benefits:
- A fast-paced friendly environment where there is a focus to work hard/play hard and achieve great things
- 20 days plus bank holidays plus extra day for every full year of service (maximum 5 additional days)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff bonuses'
To submit your CV for this exciting HGV Technician opportunity, please click 'Apply' now.