Copart UK Limited is a critical outsource partner to all of the UK motor insurance companies, providing essential services that relate to the UK transport infrastructure by collecting, transporting and storing accident damaged vehicles. Copart is also intrinsic to the waste management, recycling and disposal of end of life vehicles which has been deemed critical and therefore are able to remain fully operational whilst ensuring social distancing measures are met, during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Copart currently owns and manages a fleet of over 300 vehicles that are a combination of vehicle transporters and plant machinery along with LGV Class 1 Drivers. Our Transport Operation handles the collection and delivery of predominantly accident damaged cars, vans, LGVs and other vehicles on behalf of insurance and automotive customers to industry leading service levels, across 15 geographically dispersed UK operations centres.
We are currently seeking experienced HGV Fitter to join our team at our Thatcham (Newbury) Operations Centre.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the Fitter is responsible for ensuring that there is capacity to deliver the cost-effective movement of vehicles through the pre-servicing and maintenance of Copart UK's fleet, plant and yard equipment at their respective operations centre. Take ownership of fleet and prepare trucks for six weekly safety inspections using Copart's pre-inspection check sheet.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure all vehicle defects are dealt with in a professional and timely manner, either on site or out on the road and in line with current transport legislation.
- Inspect and service the various transporter bodies including welding, fabrication, air and hydraulics.
- Maintain stock levels and distribution of equipment to drivers.
- Build up a good relationship with suppliers and service agents.
- Servicing and maintaining various pieces of plant including forklift trucks, tractors, yard cars and JCB Loaders.
- Consistently maintain all tools, jack's vehicle lifts etc to a good standard.
- Keep accurate records of jobs completed via job sheets and the Copart defect reporting system.
- Adhere to legislation so as to keep the Company DVSA compliant.
- Work on non-running vehicles with the aim of getting them to back to a drivable status.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and adhere to Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Be flexible in your approach to working hours, earlier starts, later finishes when needed.
HGV Fitter | HGV | Mechanical Fitter | HGV Mechanic | HGV Technician | NVQ Level 3 | Welding | DVSA | Health & Safety | Communication | LGV Licence | Hydraulic Systems | LOLER | Abrasive Wheel | Plant
As part of the application process you will receive an automatic email response containing preliminary questions which you are required to complete to be considered for the position. Please look out for this email and check it has not gone into your junk email.
You will be required to work occasional Saturdays as and when workload dictates.
- Excellent mechanical knowledge.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Fitter.
- Formal recognised qualification to NVQ Level 3 or above.
- Recognised welding qualification and experience.
- Full UK drivers' licence.
- Knowledge of DVSA legislation.
- Strong values around Health and Safety.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- LGV licence.
- Experience working on car transporters and hydraulic systems.
- Experience working on forklift trucks and agricultural machinery.
- Knowledge or understanding of LOLER inspections/repairs.
- Abrasive wheel certificate.
- Plant certificate.
So, if you want:
- Monday to Friday working
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Employee benefits scheme providing discounts at many high street retailers
- Discounted Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Contributory Personal Pension Plan
- Company Sick Pay (after qualifying period)
- Family Events
- Company Uniform
.. .as well as a uniform and on-going support with personal development, apply today!
Copart was founded in the USA in 1982. Copart is a NASDAQ listed company and currently operates in more than 200 locations in 11 countries and has over 125,000 vehicles up for auction every day. With locations throughout Asia, North and South America, the Middle East and Europe, including 16 locations across the UK we are a fast paced, growing and exciting business auctioning in excess of 400,000 vehicles per year through our online auction technology in the UK alone. We work with many of the world's leading insurance, finance houses, banks, and automotive dealers, fleet and rental car companies who rely on our combination of our advanced technology, robust processes and our people to deliver industry leading performance.
Copart is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in all aspects of employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our Organisation.
30,000.00 - 30,000.00 per year