Are you an experienced HGV Driver looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Driver for our team in Edmonton, working 48 hours a week.
Driver Responsibilities include:
- Receive instructions from the Traffic Office regarding jobs to be done and carry them out efficiently in accordance with the law and the best interests of the customers and the Company.
- Pass to the Traffic Office any factors affecting operations, observed or commented upon by customers
- Use the correct equipment for the job and see that it is maintained correctly.
- Ensure the legal requirements are complied with by following the work instructions provided and EMS procedures as indicated by line management.
- Complete work ticket for every job ensuring that the necessary information is recorded fully and legibly.
- Ensure that hours and working arrangements are within legal limits.
- Submit all documents daily to the Traffic Office or as indicated by line management
The ideal Driver:
- Good geographic knowledge of the area serviced by the Logistics Unit
- Thorough knowledge of current legislation of HGV vehicles, Including EU and WTD drivers hours regulations
- Full Driving Licence
- HGV Class 2 licence
- Experience of driving HGV vehicles in a commercial environment
- Experience of operating wheeled shovel loaders
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Driver, we can offer a Competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.