Founded fifteen years ago, EAC Network Solutions have built a solid reputation in Education, Charity and Commercial sectors for delivering tailored IT Solutions. We have also developed a sound reputation for planning, building and integrating BYOD solutions at a number of large and small schools. Our success is founded on a simple principal that each customer, and each solution needs to be investigated, quoted, planned and delivered based on it’s own success criteria. The same solution does not necessarily meet the requirements of all customers.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Support the other members of your team.
- Adhere to the core helpdesk processes, within your team.
- Provide first line technical support via telephone, email and remote access control.
- In line with Service Management Principles, provide a high level of customer service for all support queries.
- To take ownership of customer problems and be proactive when dealing with customers issues.
- To log and update all calls on the call logging system.
- Escalate more complex calls to an appropriate IT Support member.
- Liaise with external support partners, such as Vendors like Microsoft, Dell and Aerohive where necessary for any problems which cannot be resolved in-house.
- Assist other people within the organisation with the preparation of documentation such as a scope of work.
Within this role you will develop your knowledge and competency of the following key technology areas:
- Microsoft Windows, and some knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
- Understanding of Core Networking Services; DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Firewalls, TCP/IP
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Client Server Applications
- Operating System & Application Deployment and Updating
- Good communication skills, spoken and written
- Team player
- Logical thinker
- Customer service focus
- Self-motivated, with good time management skills
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism with the customer, other team members and third parties
GCSE’s in at least 5 subjects, including English and Maths at Grade C or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.