The role of the Service Desk is to provide all user admin functions and local Applications Support pre 2nd level.
This role based our client’s office in Farnborough, is primarily involved in the logging and ownership of calls. These calls will then require constant management from start to finish with regards to regular updates ensuring correct escalation with the overall aim of finding a resolution using Resolve IT, in line with pre- defined SLAs.
· To ensure that all calls to the BMW Helpdesk are answered within set service levels
Identify relevant problem types and associated priorities
Verify information back to the customer on the call details ensuring that all the relevant information is entered into the BMW helpdesk call logging system (ITSM) in a clear and concise format
Connection via remote management software may be used to aid problem resolution for users
If necessary, escalate calls to correct departments for further investigation ensuring regular updates working towards a prompt resolution
To proactively monitor all calls keeping the customer, and when necessary the Service desk manager informed at all times through to resolution
Other ad-hoc tasks/project work agreed from time to time between the supplier and BMW UK
On an on-going basis, creation and maintenance of content for the Resolve IT Knowledge base.
Assist with production of relevant documentation and procedures relating to the service desk.
To play an active role within the Expert Desk team, remaining flexible to support others during busy periods
· Be responsible for any company property or information that may be within your care
Actively strive to improve technical ability by self-study, organised in-house training
Must hold a driving license and have access to a vehicle for business use
Qualifications / Experience / Attributes:
- 1 year’s demonstrable experience in a busy administrative role
- Reacting to immediate queries
- Ability to learn new processes and procedures
- Proven experience in taking ownership of specific admin tasks
- Helpdesk experience would be an advantage
- Enjoy working to SLAs
- Managing day to day tasks as well as ad hoc admin projects
- Inquisitive with ability to spot ways to streamline processes and think outside the box
Bi-weekly rota of 8am – 430pm and 930am-6pm
Saturdays will need to be covered by all analysts on the team on a rota basis, working 9am – 2pm