The Business provides IT Support and associated IT Products and Services, and has been in the IT business for over 21 years. However, this is not what separates us from our competitors and your existing IT Supplier. We are different because of our core focus on unrivalled Customer Care and Value Added Services which has been seen as essential in building and establishing the long term relationships we have with all our clients.
Role / Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for checking backups & monitoring software on a daily basis, logging and fixing any failures on backups/DR’s & Monitoring Software
- Making sure any fault calls on Monitor software are logged and dealt with
- Logging fault calls if required from phone, email and web portal
Other 1st line helpdesk support duties include:
- Setting up/ amending new user’s user management/desktop issues etc.
- They must have good telephone manner
- Good in writing as they would be emailing clients
- Able to work alone and in a team
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
As we are a small company, you will be involved in second line support. We would also teach you so that you can help our 2nd and 3rd line if we are busy.
Due to this, our apprentices normally are very well trained and forward on after just 1 year.
Should this candidate succeed in this role and develop well, we would normally offer them a permanent position as a 1st line helpdesk.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.