Our client is seeking a Senior Team Leader to oversee a fast-growing Healthcare team. Their work includes facilitating, managing and executing primary research deliverables for investment professionals at asset managers investing in publicly traded companies, including some of the world’s largest mutual funds, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and hedge funds. This content supports both bottom-up and top-down value drivers critical to equity investing, allowing clients to develop a deep, multi-dimensional view of companies, industries, products, and geographies.
The Senior Team Leader will play a crucial leadership role in overseeing and executing short and mid-term client engagements for fund managers, analysts and directors of research at leading asset management firms, whilst ensuring their team develops best-in-lass commercial and servicing behaviours, compliance judgement and talent management skillsets. The
successful candidate would also need to partner with business development in expanding high-value client relationships in EMEA and would be directly accountable for the offering for
clients in EMEA, including hosting in-person and virtual events between thought leaders (executives and physicians) and clients, serving as a moderator for these discussions.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Managing and leading a team of junior, mid-tier and tenured healthcare solutions professionals by actively monitoring operational and servicing performance as well as
commercial output with a view to driving revenue upside and winning competitive share.
• Scaling talent at varying levels of tenure on the Healthcare team via continuous assessment and evaluation of appropriately calibrated development goals and performance.
• Coaching early-stage people managers in order to support the wider team’s continued professional development and acting as a talent management force-multiplier.
Commercial and Operational Leadership:
• Developing and implementing strategies for user engagement with top-tier client accounts in close collaboration with EMEA leadership and sales teams, including in-person
meetings and phone engagement with existing clients and partnering with sales to prospect new accounts
• Implementing new initiatives across team and segment, including planning and execution stages and tracking associated adoption and performance improvement.
• Role-modelling best-in-class service behaviours with clients through directly managing a portfolio of top-tier clients and/or senior users
• Supporting segment-wide training sessions to train the next generation of talent on building differentiated client relationships via thoughtful and proactive client-facing outreach.
Healthcare Content Leadership:
• Building relationships with key thought leaders in the HC space to develop cutting edge inperson and virtual event content, including roundtables, teleconferences, webcasts, facility tours, conference events, and panels
• Hosting both virtual events and in-person roundtables in London and at medical conferences across Europe, between thought leaders and clients, serving as a moderator for these discussions
• Interviewing experts for custom transcripts on key topics
• Building on existing industry expertise to become an internal expert across the following sub-sectors: Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology and Medical Devices, as well as Life Science Tools and Reagents, Hospital and Healthcare Services and Healthcare IT
• Contributing to the design, development, positioning and marketing of solutions/products
• Partnering with clients on bespoke solutions and contributing to new product innovation
• Leveraging content for prospecting new clients in partnership with sales team and spearheading user engagement strategy
• Developing a thorough understanding of the compliance framework specific to the interaction with experts to protect the integrity of client engagements.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
• Experience demonstrating best-in-class client service capabilities, ideally working with financial services clients, or holding a leadership position within a market research or consultancy firm focused on the life sciences industry
• A doctorate degree (PhD) within the medical or life sciences industry or a proven ability to quickly understand clinical trial data, disease areas, therapeutic targets and mechanisms of action for specific drugs/devices
• Direct line management experience, including proven ability to train, motivate, retain and grow a team of client service professionals
• Ability to connect the dots between trending topics and public equity investor priorities and then programming and hosting in-person and virtual events based on the market catalysts
• Ability to engage senior thought leaders, including the top physicians in a specific field (key opinion leaders) and C-level executives
• Passion for problem-solving and outstanding senior stakeholder management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to project professionalism and competence in front of clients.
• Interest in markets and engaging with financial services clients
Please Apply Below
plus bonus, benefits