UK Biobank have an exciting opportunity for two Healthcare Assistants to join their growing team in Cheadle.
Job Title: Healthcare Assistant x2
Location: Cheadle (Manchester, Stockport, Macclesfield, Rochdale, Bolton, Wigan, Warrington and surrounding areas)
Salary: £22,000 - £23,747 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: Two shift patterns are available.
40 hours per week (10.00am – 8.30pm) 30 minute unpaid lunch break – 8 shifts per fortnight
40.25 hours per week (8.00-8.30pm) 1 hour unpaid lunch break – 7 shifts per fortnight
Healthcare Assistant – About the Company:
UK Biobank is a major national health resource set up with the aim of improving the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of serious and life-threatening illnesses. Between 2006 and 2010, UK Biobank recruited over 500,000 volunteers from across the country to take part; all donated biological samples for future analysis, provided detailed information about themselves, and agreed to have their health followed. Enhancement projects are now underway to add further value to this valuable research resource.
Healthcare Assistant – About the Role:
We are looking for candidates to join our team at our Stockport Imaging Research Centre, be part of a pioneering study to improve the lives of future generations helping to prevent serious and life threatening conditions.
As a Healthcare Assistant you will form part of our vibrant and exciting imaging team; involved with participant venepuncture, measuring and processing of samples collected from participants in the laboratory.
In addition to the above this typically involves:
- Study interview
- Physical measures
- Directing participants through their visit
- Verifying participants’ identity
- Maintaining general cleanliness/tidiness of the imaging centre
- Fractionising blood taken in the clinic for storage
- Sample centrifugation
- Maintenance of basic laboratory equipment
- ECG and Ultrasound
The roles would suit individuals who are self-motivated and are confident with strong interpersonal skills to communicate with a wide range of people; you will be willing and prepared to train to be proficient in all areas of the role.
Experience gained in phlebotomy or laboratory work would be a distinct advantage, but full training will be given.
Healthcare Assistant – About You:
- You will be an excellent communicator, both spoken and written
- Experienced working with the public, with a polite and approachable manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to clearly explain procedures and instructions to participants
- Ability to undertake repetitive tasks to a high quality
- You must be able to demonstrate manual dexterity in relation to venepuncture
- Disciplined in relation to following protocols and procedures
- Must have experience in IT (Microsoft Office)
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality when working with information and associated patient information
- Willingness to work flexibly (with reasonable notice)
Previous experience in venepuncture and/or qualification in Health / Science or Laboratory background is a distant advantage.
You may have experience of the following: Healthcare Assistant, Nurse, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, Phlebotomy, Customer Service, etc.
To submit your CV for this exciting Healthcare Assistant opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including generous holiday entitlement, pension, life assurance cover as well as a number of salary sacrifice schemes and a staff discount scheme.