Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding challenge?!
We are recruiting Healthcare Assistants and Nurses for care and nursing homes throughout the UK.
We are Avanta Care – one of the UK’s leading healthcare companies. We offer our employees more than just a job – We offer a career in care!
You will be kind, friendly, polite and flexible.
Ideally, you will have some previous care experience. This does not just have to be professional – This could be voluntary, or personal care – Such as caring for a family member.
You will be able to speak, read and understand English to at least an intermediate level.
Little or no previous professional experience?
No problem! We can provide all the necessary training to allow you to work within the healthcare industry. Our training course takes place at our training centre in Leeds. The course is 5 days long, and includes hotel accommodation, with breakfast and discounted evening meals. Plus, free access to the gym, swimming pool and sauna!
What the job involves:
- Teamwork in a care home environment for the elderly
- Helping people carry out their daily activities in line with individual care plans
- Promoting independence, dignity and choice
- Emotional and social support
- Liaising with family members and health care providers
- Regular training to develop skills
- Updating care records to reflect changing needs and preferences
- Flexible working within a rota set by the care home manager
You will have:
- Experience of working within a care environment for older people is preferred - We can provide the training and qualifications required to help progress your career in health care
- Willingness to work above and beyond to maintain our high standards
- Good standard of verbal and written English
- Not only do we guarantee a minimum of 35 hours of work per week, we also pay a higher hourly rate for evenings and bank holidays
- All Avanta Care employees receive a private health plan
- We can assist with your DBS check, insurance and uniform
- If you come to work with us from the wider EU, we can help find you somewhere to live near your work placement and get you settled comfortably into UK life
- Avanta Care operates a workplace pension, workers will be auto-enrolled after three months of employment
Plus additional money for Nights and Bank holidays