Health & Safety Quality Advisor
My client is the UK's biggest provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Cities. They are currently involved in supplying and building a network in over 40 cities. Working very closely and having the backing of Tier 1 Telecoms organisations on their current projects makes it a very exciting time to join.
They are looking for a Health & Safety Quality Advisor to assist in issues relating to the safety, health environment, and quality of the network delivery operations. The role will be a key player within the compliance team working alongside the business embedding standards and maintaining reasonable assurance of our contractors. The role will provide subject matter expertise and regulatory advice to our front-line supervisors and project managers.
* In conjunction with Field Services and FTTP project managers, to complete site audits and ensure records maintained
* To implement SHEQ Communication for all sites, to include written information, tool box talks and management briefs.
* To support the Field Services and FTTP project managers with advice and work with our supply chain to develop and monitor improvement plans where required.
* Advise personnel in office and on site of health, safety, quality and environmental matters.
* Assist in the completion of duties as required by the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
* Assist in company preparations for annual H&S, Environmental and Quality Assurance audits as required.
* To assist and work towards maintaining industry accreditations and sector awards
o General NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent)
o NRSWA Supervisor Qualification
o First Aid Basic Certificate
o At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
o Experience in Telecommunications and/or Utility associated construction industry
o Risk assessment management, method statement review
o Site inspections and investigations', company preparation for audits
o Compliance and maintenance of relevant standards.
o Understanding of CDM regulations and application during differing stages of construction
o Full working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
o Excellent report writing and document management experience skills