Element has an opportunity for a regional Health & Safety Manager who will be primarily responsible for all of the policies, practices, and operations for the Safety, Health, and Environmental functions within Company operations.
- Implementation of policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe and secure business operation
- Enforce safe working practices and ensure lost time incidents are kept to a minimum
- Drive and maintain the Element's global HSE reputation
- Apply the overall Element's standards and guidelines on HSE
- Perform regular audits and monitor HSE performance to identify areas for improvement, and ensure that appropriate corrective or preventative actions are taken, including follow-up reviews
- Ownership, control and continuous improvement of Element's Safety Management Systems
- Lead any necessary accident/incident investigation and reporting
- Ensure that all safety & environmental issues are managed fulfilling the requirements of all the regulations applicable by international standards and National laws as appropriate
- Ensure that emergencies are handled fulfilling the requirements of the regulations applicable nationally & internationally. In liaison with Element personnel, ensure that Emergency Response Plans are in place, and regularly checked and tested to confirm validity and that local Emergency Response Teams are operational at all times.
- This role will invlove work in conjunction with our group Health and Safety Manager for Aerospace
- Certification in safety management (NEBOSH certificate or equivalent); certification in quality management would be advantageous
- Auditing techniques (QMS Internal Auditor or equivalent)
- proven track record in a HSE Manager role with experience within the industrial environment, knowledge of a testing envrioment would be beneficial
- General knowledge and experience on laboratory testing practices and technology
- Implement HSE Policies and associated management systems
- Provide detailed audit reports with relevant required preventive and corrective actions
- Experience of ISO18001 and ISO45001 would be advantageous
- Be willing to travel within the Sheffield travel, further national and international travel may be required in the future
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration business in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.