Would you like to work with the internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand?
We currently have a great opportunity for a Health & Safety Administrator on a Fixed Term Contract for 6 months, based in Duxford, Cambridge.
If you are looking for a position with opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you, and inspire you to achieve your full potential. Here at SMT GB we have an employee focused approach and we are a 'learning company' which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
To provide administrative support for the organisation on Health & Safety matters across all operations. To assist the Health and Safety manager to drive continual improvement through the effective delivery of agreed projects and programmes in order to deliver compliance with legislation and current best practice.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- To provide a high standard of administrative support and assistance to the H&S manager with examples detailed beneath
- To provide administration and support for the upkeep of company Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Administration of all reported accident, incident and near-miss reports ensuring thorough completion from Management in a timely manner
- To review H&S processes and forms as required, researching other organisational approaches, making recommendations for improvements and implementing them Additionally, supporting with associated communication to users of any amended processes and forms
- Undertake elements of H&S inductions in the absence of the H&S manager
- Assistance with the completion of Contractor and Supplier Questionnaires
- Compilation of H&S weekly/monthly dashboards and statistics as necessary
- Provide support and minute taking for all H&S related meetings/forums
- To assist where necessary in the documentation around H&S internal and external Audits
- Assist with compiling H&S safety bulletins and periodic ToolBox Talks
- Control the Staffbase Safety-Hub administration
- Assist with E-Learning (Safety Media) upkeep and compliance within departments
- Work with Training and Development team around Safety Training requirements and assist service centre management with training providers.
- Develop and maintain a geographical accident and incident dashboard for trend monitoring and targeted safety focus, looking at available guidance, along with best practice from other organisations
- Update the Health and Safety Steering Group (HSSG) on current legislation updates and/or amendments and their applicability to SMT GB
- Continual review and update of existing SMT GB Health and Safety Policy documents in line with existing UK legislation/regulations
Health & Safety Administrator | Administrator | Health & Safety | IOSH | H&S | Risk Assessments
- Excellent MS Office skills, in particular, able to draft communications succinctly and professionally in Word/Email, create engaging PowerPoint presentations and manipulate data in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to provide high quality, accurate and timely information
- Motivated to deliver a high level of support for H&S management,
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Good personal organisation and able to meet tight deadlines
- An understanding of quality, environmental and safety standards
- Good problem solver able to apply knowledge practically in the workplace
- Can manage and deal with change effectively, handling risk and ambiguity
- Professional and helpful approach
Education / Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- IOSH 'Working Safely'
Additional important requirements:
- Must hold a full driving licence.
- Good experience of using MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
SMT GB markets Volvo Construction Equipment products including wheeled loaders, articulated haulers, hydraulic excavators, utility equipment and road equipment products in Great Britain.