Dragon School have an exciting opportunity for a Headmasters Executive Assistant to join their team based in Oxford.
Job Title: Headmaster's Executive Assistant
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum + benefits
Dragon School is seeking to appoint an Executive Assistant to the Headmaster. This is a key role within the School and the successful applicant will have extensive administrative and secretarial experience at senior management / leadership level. The principal function of the post is to provide administrative, managerial and secretarial support to the Headmaster to underpin all his activities across a wide variety of areas.
This will include taking delegated responsibility for operational matters and through planning, arranging and organising daily, weekly, termly and annual events as necessary. A close working relationship is required to enable effective time management and efficient organisation of the Headmaster's workload. The position demands complete discretion and confidentiality.
You will be expected to quickly learn the rhythm of the School and to understand the Headmaster's requirements for engagement and communication. The postholder will also be required to delegate and coordinate the completion of tasks by the wider staff body in advance of the Headmaster's sign-off.
You will be expected to draft and communicate independently on behalf of the Headmaster with a range of stakeholders within and beyond the immediate School community. This role is term time only plus an additional four weeks.
Headmaster's Executive Assistant - Key Responsibilities:
- To act as first line contact for the Headmaster, using discretion and tact to ensure telephone callers, emails and visitors receive a professional response, and are dealt with promptly by the appropriate person
- Managing the Headmaster's diary (including appointments with staff, parents and visitors, as well as conferences and external travel) and overseeing all support/logistical arrangements
- Maintaining and updating the Headmaster's filing system
- To draft correspondence for the Headmaster, including press submissions and articles
- To delegate and coordinate the completion of tasks on behalf the Headmaster
- Production of School notices
- To take minutes of meetings as required
- To provide hospitality for Headmaster's visitors
- Providing cover and support for School Reception as appropriate
- To liaise with members of the school academic and support staff as appropriate
- Any other duty reasonably expected by the Headmaster
Headmaster's Executive Assistant - You:
- Proven track record of successful support to a senior manager / leader
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident, polite and warm interaction with colleagues, members of the extended Dragon community, parents, pupils and visitors
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and to prioritise appropriately
- Discretion, tact and confidentiality
- Excellent literacy skills to prepare correspondence and reports and maintain records to a high standard
- Excellent telephone manner in dealing with a range of callers
- An appreciation of the Dragon School, its tradition and history
- Excellent computer skills in MS Outlook and Word
- IT literate with a typing speed of 50+ wpm
- Shorthand and the ability to type from dictation would be desirable
- Flexibility to work occasionally early or late and at weekends as necessary
Headmaster's Executive Assistant - Benefits:
- Employer offers a minimum of 4% contribution to a Group Personal Pension
- Life Insurance 3x gross salary
- Access to swimming pool during set times
- Meals provided during working hours in school term time
To submit your CV for this exciting Headmaster's Executive Assistant opportunity, please click 'Apply' now!