Head of Service Delivery
£65,000 - £75,000
City of London
productivity, service quality and customer satisfaction. With responsibility for end-to-end 'run' operations covering continual improvement. support, training, and general management of Group technology delivery including Service Desk, Technical Support, SLA Management & Performance, and Change Advisory Board processes.
Key Responsibilities/duties -
1. Leadership and management including customer service/ values
* Demand plan in the context of the business change agenda, ensuring sufficient IT capacity and capability / maturity across people, processes, tools and information held
* Take responsibility for the definition, implementation, maintenance and adoption of an ITIL based service lifecycle based on an agreed Service Management Strategy that covers Service Design, Service Transition & Service Operations
* Provides a focus for SLA management and customer satisfaction across the business. Ensure the governance and review structure for SLAs and colleague satisfaction are in place and effectively used.
* Drives the continuous and demonstrable improvement of productivity resulting in increased customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness and value.
* Ensures that processes are in place to pro-actively protect consistent service quality through rigorous management of demand, change control and acceptance into service, and proactively drive continuous improvement from reporting on an ongoing basis.
* Provides problem management support to difficult, high profile issues and ensures root-cause analysis is conducted and a corrective action plan is followed through, with any learning applied for future benefit.
* Act as Major incident lead should team leads be unavailable
2. Strategy/ achieving objectives
* Define and deliver the corporate IT Services management strategy at a commercial and operational level covering business enablement and market alignment, supplier selection & management, financial structure and operational delivery model(s)
* Develop and deliver communication to keep the Group senior management community & key stakeholders informed & educated on issues, root cause and progress to rectify
* Partners with the Director of ES&S and other Head roles in providing technology vision and direction to the group.
* Works with the Director of ES&S and business leadership, providing broad insight to IT activities and capabilities in support of group wide business decisions and opportunities for innovation.
* Additional duties as required by management, this will include travel between L&Q sites
3. Working with others - internal
* Take responsibility for escalation procedures for resolving service incidents and problems
* Develop learning, training and career plans for service delivery team. Strong development focus - advocate of developing employees, teams and the business
* Negotiate with users, specialists, other staff and suppliers in respect of emergencies, withdrawal of services, routine and unscheduled maintenance, and the introduction of major amendments to the provision of services
* Develop a close working relationship with IT peers to ensure that all key activities are planned together
* Collaboratively work with Planning / Engineering colleagues to smoothly operationalise new IT projects / services and incorporate them into processes, workflows, reporting and so on in order to support the company business plan / change agenda
Key skills required -
* Demonstrates a breadth and depth of operational service delivery management expertise and appetite for leveraging technology
* Experience in managing cross-functional teams or projects and managing third party service providers.
* Strong commercial awareness, budget ownership, experience of contract negotiation and supplier management
* ITIL intermediate or above certification or equivalent desirable; Adoption / transition to cloud-based services desirable
* Experience to manage multiple moving parts simultaneously and optimally in a matrix organisation without relying on extensive director oversight
* Strong client focus - ability to operate at prime customer contact level typically at senior manager/director level. Customer advocate into the IT world
Interested? Apply now!
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.