Head of Research and Development (Energy)
£70,000 to £80,000 per year
My client is looking to appoint a Head of Research and Development to manage the delivery of a number of high profile projects with a focus on Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Infrastructure, Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) Technology and Low Carbon Transportation. You will be managing a team of Technical Specialists working on both R&D and Consultancy projects with local authorities across the UK and Europe.
I am interested in speaking to anyone with a strong background in R&D Management in the Energy, Electrical or Renewable sectors, particularly if you have a passion for de-carbonisation and an interest in assisting with the shift to Sustainable Mobility.
Skills and Experience:
- A strong background in managing teams of researchers or consultants
- Degree qualified in an Engineering/Environmental discipline
- Knowledge of Electricity Networks, Renewable Energy Integration or EV Charging Deployment
- Previous R&D or Consultancy experience
- An understanding of electric vehicle chargers would be highly desirable
- Prior stakeholder management and coordination experience
Role and Responsibility:
- Manage a team of highly educated researchers, many with MSc and PhD qualifications
- Communication effectively with clients to understand requirements and deliver solutions
- Examine future trends and emerging technologies in the EV sector
- Liaise with senior management on project progression and uptake
- Assist with proposals and bids when tendering for new work
- Be willing to travel to Europe when required
Applications: To hear more about our client and this opportunities working as a Head of Research and Development (Energy) based in Nottingham; please call James Sample at ISR Recruitment here in our Manchester office on 07436071269 or please send me your latest CV or online profile for an immediate call back.