Marlborough is a rapidly growing investment group that manages more than £9.5 billion for over 200,000 clients and employs some of the UK’s most respected fund managers. The group has its headquarters in Bolton and offices in London, Staffordshire, Peterborough, Guernsey and Dublin.
The companies in the group – Marlborough Fund Managers, Marlborough Investment Management, Marlborough International, Investment Fund Services Limited (IFSL) and IFSL International – employ more than 180 people. Marlborough’s success has been built on a reputation for excellence in active fund management, with the group leading the way in industry expertise, service quality, product understanding and added value for our investors.
As we continue with our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for talented financial services professionals who share our values and can help us ensure they remain at the heart of the business. That means putting our investors at the forefront of everything we do and constantly striving for excellence in the service we deliver. In addition to receiving a comprehensive benefits package, successful candidates will join a team who are committed to collaborative working in an environment where personal and professional development are genuinely valued.
The role will involve managing the new product review and approval process together with ensuring that all products manufactured by the firm are functioning as the business and investors would expect, that they are designed to satisfy the needs of the identified target market and that they continue to function correctly and meet regulatory requirements at all stages throughout the product life cycle.
The role requires a thorough understanding of the MIFID and PROD product management and governance requirements together with an in depth understanding of the investment funds business. This is a client/investor centric role with wide stakeholder engagement.
- To maintain and further develop a robust Product Governance Framework which meets the needs of the business, investors and regulatory requirements.
- Influencing all major stakeholders to implement and maintain robust processes and procedures, conduct regular reviews and evidence outcomes which align to the business strategy and meet investor needs and demonstrate alignment with the Product Governance Framework.
- To ensure that roles and responsibilities in respect of Product Management and Governance are allocated appropriately throughout the business and that officers and departments understand the requirements, are adequately skilled and able to demonstrate the relevant expertise.
- Working with and advising the business on new business pipeline and product changes to secure business/board level approval or timely challenge with a view to improve products’ time to market with key external stakeholders.
- To undertake Value Assessments across the fund range and produce value reports, present them for board review and approval whilst meeting strict publication timelines.
- To own, coordinate and ensure implementation of the product governance policies, processes and reporting for the business.
- Work alongside business units and clients to design and manufacture products.
- Be a member of the Product Governance Committee.
- Ensure the product governance policies, procedures and processes are up to date and followed by the product governance team and the wider business.
- To create and provide product governance reporting, in line with the requirements in the PROD sourcebook, to the Board and the relevant committees.
- Design, collate and distribute the Product Governance Committee packs and MI
- Scope and agree product design or change with relevant business units and clients.
- Create specifications for new products and product changes for approval by the product governance committee.
- Scope product design and change requirements so that the Project Management team can effectively plan and deliver the project.
- Ensure all teams across the business are aware of their responsibilities in respect of product governance.
- Conduct value assessments for the funds, create reports and liaise with other stakeholders as required for input, challenge and approval.
- Develop and manage the Product Management and Governance team members.
- Attending relevant training courses as and when required
- Maintain high levels of personal development
- Use industry knowledge and commercial awareness with logical thinking in order to be a product expert and champion high standards of product governance.
- Establish full team procedures and controls along with appropriate maintenance and regular reviews.
- Research for projects as and when required
- Carrying out other appropriate duties as requested, this description is not exhaustive
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
- Excellent collective investment scheme product knowledge
- Familiarity with the FCA and its regulations and principles
- Experience managing data and reporting
- PC literacy and internet skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Accurate inputting skills
- Ability to problem solve and deal with complex queries
- Ability to prioritise
- Prior knowledge of Product Governance regulation
- Experience with collective investment scheme FCA applications
- Experience of working in the investment industry with collective investment schemes
- Experience in a collective investment scheme product, oversight or technical role
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritise workloads
- Ability to take on responsibility for workload
- Ability to lead and motivate a small team
- Ability to be flexible and learn quickly
- Ability to work under pressure to close deadlines
- Confident manner both written and verbally
- Positive attitude
- Competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- 9% non-contributory pension
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Death in Service at 5 x annual salary
- 35 hour working week
- Training for IOC and other relevant qualifications
- Exam completion bonus £500 (IOC)
- Study leave
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Eye test reimbursement
- Your birthday off
- Christmas party and paid for social events during the year
- 13 weeks fully paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Perkbox membership - access to more than a hundred rewards, ranging from free food in major UK restaurants, to movie tickets, to phone insurance and more.