Closing Date: 04/08/2020
To oversee Operations on site for the Cutting area, including Health & Safety, Product Safety, Quality & Staff development.
- Work to a set of Key Performance Indicators.
- Oversee all Production Management.
- Liaise with all other internal departments.
- Responsible for overseeing all disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Make operational decisions financially whilst ensuring that customer standards are adhered to.
- Drive profitability, create, implement and manage business strategies to achieve the objectives and to provide continual stimulus to its growth and operational efficiency.
- Develop and oversee budgets, plans and programs to ensure the optimum utilisation of available equipment, space, facility and human resource necessary to attain manufacturing objectives.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Ensure continuous Improvement in all areas of operations.
- Provide positive employee relations to ensure the achievement of productivity objectives and maintenance of high morale at all levels within the workforce.
- Understand and monitor cost controls
- Responsible for identifying key staff for promotion
- Work closely with HR on all staffing issues.
- Any other duties required by Senior Management.
- Handle all issues including emergencies; health and safety; live lorries in; security & customer products going out. Make any necessary decisions out of hours in the absence of Senior Management.
- To cover for the General Manager in their absence
- Giveaway for all products to be maintained at agreed levels, these will be agreed periodically in conjunction with the Senior team
- Portion target of 630,000 per week, this can be re-set by Senior team after consultation, staffing requirements may change as a result.
- Kill target of 905,000 per week, this can be re-set by the Senior team after consultation, staffing requirements may change as a result.
- Hourly monitoring of cut figures to maintain weekly requirements and ensure fluid running of the factory.
- Staff levels to be maintained at budget levels (this may be variable if the reasons for extra numbers are agreed for promotional activity or any changes to production requirements)
- Development of direct reports in conjunction with appraisal reviews
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (Training given if required)
- ILM Level 5 or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH Certificate
- General production management background preferably in a poultry environment
- Experience of discipline and grievance
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Manual Handling Training
- HACCP Awareness
- Environmental Awareness
- Appraisal Skills Training
- Level 3 Food Safety
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Flexible with regards to working hours
- People management skills
- Ability to coach and develop team
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and planning abilities
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Change management driver with the ability to add value
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter to Michele.Evans@banhampoultry.co.uk with Head of Operations in the subject line
The closing date for applications is 4/08/2020. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
THIS ADVERT HAS BEEN PLACED BY MAGRATH SHELDRICK LLP ON BEHALF OF BANHAM POULTRY 2018 LTD. EMPLOYMENT WILL BE WITH BANHAM POULTRY 2018 LTD.
It is important that you read Magrath Sheldrick LLP’s privacy terms and understand how we process data and monitor communications. Please click this link or paste the link into your browser to see our Privacy Notice: https://www.magrath.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Magrath-Privacy-Notice-Adverts.pdf.