Job Title: Head of Network Services
Salary: Competitive plus bonus & generous benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Informa as Head of Network Services, to head up the Global Enterprise Technology Services function. This role involves the management of the global network engineering team, providing network solutions across both Amazon and Microsoft clouds platforms and responsible for the delivery of significant network technology projects.
This role requires a highly experienced, knowledgeable and self-supporting team manager, able to take responsibility for delivery of significant network technology projects, and able to take ownership of critical business service issues.
The Head of Network Services is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Own, control and manage the Informa networks and take accountability for the worldwide service. Manage all network outages in a timely manner and provide service disruption notifications and outage report documentation to the IT Service Management teams worldwide.
- Direct and manage the Enterprise Network Services team engineers, including team meetings, absence planning, one-on-one coaching and development, training and development plans, annual appraisals and setting of ongoing development and delivery objectives.
- Guide the team in Program and Project Management to ensure delivery against Enterprise Network Services team annual strategic roadmap objectives. Coach the team to see the "big picture" as well as the details and to be able to tie technical initiatives to corporate goals.
- Work closely with the Network Solutions Architect to ensure that designs are properly thought through in a timely manner as necessary for project deliveries. Lead the technical discussions and workshops within the Enterprise Network Services team, using your own expertise in networking and broader technology realms to act as ‘umpire’, leading discussions to the right solutions to best serve Informa business objectives.
- Recruit and hire worldwide to grow the team of engineers as required. Interview candidates and advise directors and HR of recruitment recommendations. You will also be responsible for resource modelling, forecasting and proposing needs to back fill any projects with local contractors as required.
- Manage the Enterprise Network Services team workload, using an Agile Kanban methodology to continuously maintain correct prioritisation, estimation, budget tagging and assignment of all backlog tasks. Provide capacity plans and models to drive future recruitment of contract engagements. Ensure excellent continuous customer communication by all team members, in respect of all networking issues, requests and project plans.
- Manage budget spends on suppliers of all network hardware and services. Oversee and authorise invoices from 3rd parties, contractors and additional spending. Work with Vendor Management and Finance to challenge supplier costs, and make recommendations for contract changes, renegotiations, mergers and supplier replacements to continually manage down costs. Direct the Finance teams regarding business service costs and correct recharges to the right Informa operating divisions.
- Manage network supplier relationships, to ensure that the supplier portfolio meets Informa’s needs. Complete supplier service reviews, evaluating and selecting new suppliers, and make recommendations for strategic supplier changes. Drive contract and service agreement renegotiations, to ensure that suppliers always provide the best possible service to Informa. In particular, manage the relationship with IBM, for those portions of acquired company networks that are for the time being under outsourced management.
- Communicate IT project health status, milestones, issues and reports to the Head of Cloud and Infrastructure and project managers.
- Work closely with the Chief Information Security Officer and his deputies, to ensure that Informa networks are maintained in a highly secure configuration, and that operating procedures and methods are best suited to maintain security of the company networks.
- Work with the Unified communications team to ensure that Informa network systems fully support the needs of the company in telephony and other communications media.
- Drive the network integration of new acquisitions to minimise global networking costs and maximise business efficiency in relation to networking.
Head of Network Services Essential Skills:
- Experience in a hands-on technology infrastructure position, with a very close tie-in to network engineering
- Team management and team leadership experience
- Solid understanding of AWS and Azure virtual networking, including VPC, nACL, Transit solutions and Cloud Connectivity WAN options
- Long experience of investigating and managing network related incidents
- Understanding of network patterns and approaches
- Good working knowledge of the ITIL change management framework
- Significant experience working with vendors, professional services, and providers
- Significant experience working with invoice and expenditure tracking and management
- High levels of technical documentation & reporting
Head of Network Services Desirable Skills:
- Understanding of Agile and Kanban
- Cisco networking qualifications (CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, etc)
- ITIL Foundation v3 qualification
- Prince 2 Foundation or Practitioner
- Significant hands-on working experience with the Kanban methodology.
For more information about the Head of Network Services role or to apply send your CV now via the Apply button!
Competitive plus bonus & generous benefits